• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Crosman's revamped website

Started by T191032, September 28, 2011, 04:25:55 AM

T191032

So, I had seen mention that they had revamped the website.  So, I finally gandered over to it and started looking around.  Well, naturally, the first thing on my "Where is its" is the Custom Shop link!!  And I found it.  :D  I fooled around with some ideas for an "inexpensive" Custom Shop pistol and carbine, trying to see if I could keep it under $100.

So, I had a little time this evening and decided I'd like to venture back over there and take another look.  Lately, since the base model 1760 is gone, and the 2260SE is the only game in town, and $185 from Crosman (but currently out of stock) I played with the Custom Shop 2400KT and went down *my* list of "fun" -

24" .177 barrel
Black Muzzle Brake/front pin sight
Williams Peep Rear sight
Black Trigger Shoe
Shoulder Stock

Certainly not under $100.  LOL  ;)

The idea being a nice Iron sighted 10 Meter basement gun to shoot prone/standing with.  I admit, I'm more of a scope guy [ 41, near sighted and w/ Strabismus  http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/001004.htm on top of that ]  Well, in furthering my research about the .22 LR I've been coming across posts about Biathlons and memories of the guy that used to come to the indoor range with his .22 Biathlon rifle remain [ oh, how I wish I had asked to shoot that rifle . . .  :( ] so, that's where these thoughts have been coming from.  Oh, how the Shooting Sports help enable our thoughts.  LOL

"How They Train: Biathlon"
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XIB7ydkplc#]How They Train: Biathlon[/url] 

Before I go to the next step in this process, I've got a little Crosman 760 with a Williams FP-GR on it (yea, $30 Wal-Mart purchase with a $50 rear peep on it cause I broke the rear sight [!!] I should set up the targets I made and get a "visual" before I got spending that kinda dough on this little idea.   

Of course, one of these days, I really got to get a Crosman order together of parts needed and call them too.  :-[  :(
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

JEBert

You already have the $60 peep, knock that off and you're back just over $100 + shipping.
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

T191032

I took the 760 and my Slavia 631 break-barrel (it has a Beeman aperture on it) down to the basement last night and set up a target just to try out how it would be.  Then got the scoped 2400KT Carbine out too.  Even in a prone position, I couldn't keep still.  LOL  That forearm isn't set up good for prone shooting, IMO.  A 1760/2260 would be better, with a sling installed.

I'm more of a pistol shooter, I admit.  Haven't even shot those two 1377 carbines I built very much.   Hmmm, ad a muzzle brake with sight, take the scope off and add rear sight, put the grips back on . . . 16" barreled pistols . . . Oh yeah!  NorthStaR, there's yer Joker Pistol idea working on me!

It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.