• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Agony and Expectation

Started by LeadHead22, October 04, 2011, 12:05:53 AM

LeadHead22

Oh the pain, the anxiety, the restlessness! Will I survive?  Following a year of indecision, I finally ordered a dream gun from the Custom Shop on September 3rd .  That first week I checked my order status on line every single day only to see the words "Order pending-not shipped"...how cruel can life be.  On the second week I ordered 4 tins of premium ammo from Pyramid Air and started checking the Crosman order status twice a day.  How was I supposed to be calm for the routine and vague 3-6 weeks for shipping?  At the begining of the third week my pellets arrived and I began to salivate.  I found myself checking the order status 4 times a day and looking at every page of the Crosman site just to reassure myself they were still in business.  Then on September 26th I opened my email to find that my new baby was on the way and I was treated to a UPS tracking number to follow it along the way.  Departure scans, arrival scans, NY, Illinois, and across the country. OMG....Northern California arrival scan yesterday, checking progress every 2 hours.  This morning the status has me staying at home "On truck for Delivery"...I dare not leave the room to go take a leak.  My nose is cold and bent from pressing it against the front window watching for Santa to come driving down the hill in his big brown truck.  I know it's getting close now.  I have to post this now because I think I'll go out and sit in the front yard and see if I can hear the truck coming before I see it.  I am trying to remain calm and level headed.  I will wait outside for at least an hour before I start hiking up the road towards the freeway to meet him half-ways.  What is this airgun sickness???  I am 55 years old!

NorthStaR

Oh, you got it bad!  :D ;D ;D ;D  Full blown case of Crosmanitis!  :-*
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

JEBert

LOL, I thought I was bad.
I hope you have a place to shoot or you're gonna go nuts!
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

mr007s

Cant help with a cure, aint one! Sorry to lay this on you but it only gets worse :D

grumpy

The only cure is to order more  ;)

quickster47 †

Worse than when you were expecting your first born child.  That got easier, getting another airgun will be the same thing all over.

Welcome to the insanity and the addiction.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

AZAG

It sounds like someone needs group therapy...well you're in the right place.

JEBert

Quick, one of you guys in N Cali, arrange a shoot with him!  WITH him we don't want to put him out of his misery, we want him to enjoy his misery with the rest of us.
(Quick as in quickly, not Carl, he is in TN.)
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member

Crosshairs

I know someone like that.  ;D
                        Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Daysailer

OK,  it's been a few hours and it is now 1905 hrs, on the West coast. ( 7:05PM for ya land lubbers )

What did'ja get ?
Have ya shot it yet ?
Did a PymymidAir premium pellet come out....ok....?
Did ya hit what ya aim'd at ?

If you got it bad,....some of us got it too....vicariously through you, we can
relive our "Santa" days......

we....

are.....

wait'n.....

too!
Adjust the wind, we cannot.....Adjust our sails (or windage), we should.

JEBert

Daysailer,
Let's go out the shed and do some shootin of our own.  He has shot his until he fell asleep huggin it.
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member

LeadHead22

OK folks....thanks for understanding that those first 24 hours were all about shooting and not posting!  I must have had  ESP...less than 2 minutes after I made my post and went outside, my Custom Shop 2300 came rolling down the driveway.  After I told the UPS driver that I loved him (sorry to my wife) I raced inside with the box and just gently caressed it for a few moments before digging in.  I have to tell you, after playing the box inside a box game and removing the paperwork, the moment I lifted off the top foam layer and exposed my new gun I felt you all right there with me grinning from ear to ear.  Is there anything quite as exquisite as the light that blinds you as it bounces off your first pair of cocobolo target grips?  Only perhaps the pure sensuality of that gleaming silver muzzle brake at the end of that long sleek shaft....I, um...mean barrel- (keeping it PG here!) and that sexy silver shoe she was wearing!  Then there was that first time we touched and my fingers gently wrapped themselves around her curvacious figure...oh how soft, yet firm and reassuring (oops, there I go again).  A smattering of dirty talk followed as I brought her to my eye and realized that I had install the low slung and racy LPA mim rear sight myself.  Breathless by now, I slowly rolled her over to see her name "Silvercloud" seductively whispering to me from the clean laser etchings of her air tube.  Enough for tonight, I shall post more tomorrow about our first date, where I took her, what I fed her, and how she liked it.

NorthStaR

Well it sounds like your more than happy. You're going to have to keep a bulk of lube in stock.

Now are you secure enough to let us see her?  ;)  I promise I won't touch....  ;D ;D ;D
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

quickster47 †

Quote from: LeadHead22 on October 05, 2011, 07:26:30 AM
Then there was that first time we touched and my fingers gently wrapped themselves around her curvacious figure...oh how soft, yet firm and reassuring (oops, there I go again).  A smattering of dirty talk followed as I brought her to my eye and realized that I had install the low slung and racy LPA mim rear sight myself.  Breathless by now, I slowly rolled her over to see her name "Silvercloud" seductively whispering to me from the clean laser etchings of her air tube.  Enough for tonight, I shall post more tomorrow about our first date, where I took her, what I fed her, and how she liked it.

Yes, yes, yes!  You must post pictures for us.  And while you are doing that makes sure you post your picture in this thread:

http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php?topic=4895.0

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Crosshairs

I hope your not waiting for UPS to bring a camera  ;D
                                        Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!