• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

That time of year...

Started by ScottyB, October 17, 2011, 04:58:38 PM

ScottyB

Can't shoot.  Wet, windy and cold.  Even if there was a break in the weather my son has a cold so I can't take him out with me so I'm stuck in the house.  Haven't made one of those indoor target/pellet catch box yet either.  Ugh...   4 days now without a shot fired...   withdrawals  :(   So fuel my needs guys.  What have you done today?
"Thank God for rednecks!"-Tallahassee/Zombieland

1377x

you can set up a safe shoot zone in less than 30 minutes
find safe zone
get a box large enough for a target  and enough to het around 5-6" of packing in it. pack tight
fill it with old clothes or old  phonebooks if you have some
wait til your son is asleep 
have some fun time
closed mouths dont get fed

ScottyB

Hoping to find a box at work tonight.  I can grab a ton of bath blankets on one of my trips to the hospital.  Hopefully in the next day I can be back in business.

quickster47 †

Man, I hate to discourage you but it is 72 degrees here, very light breeze, lots of sun and I have already shot about 150 pellets this morning sighting in a new scope and testing my new target.  Will post a picture later.

Weather is beautiful, wish you were here to enjoy it with me and shoot some paper and blast some paintballs.   :)

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

SaiCo

I can relate. I had to put away my 2250b, too cold for Co2. Took many a squirrel with it.
Warning labels thwart the purpose of Natural Selection

ScottyB

Quote from: quickster47 on October 17, 2011, 06:50:11 PM

Weather is beautiful, wish you were here to enjoy it with me and shoot some paper and blast some paintballs.   :)

Carl

Wish I was too!  Not to get off my own subject...  I hope everyone is using proper eye protection.  Had a 20 something guy last night who took a paintball to the eye.  Looked real gnarly.  Lost vision in it.  A serious call that required him to go to the nearest trauma center, but he refused us taking him.  Even with the doc on the phone he refused.  I can understand not having health insurance, but an injury that severe I would have got in the ambulance before the crew got out. 

quickster47 †

Oh man I am so sorry to hear about that accident.  From personal experience, when I was younger, I do knows paintball hits can hurt pretty darned bad.

But nowadays I'm not shooting paintballs but rather I'm shooting paintballs.  Or to be more specific I'm shooting at paintballs from 15 to 25 yards.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

1377x

Quote from: ScottyB on October 17, 2011, 08:40:10 PM
Wish I was too!  Not to get off my own subject...  I hope everyone is using proper eye protection.  Had a 20 something guy last night who took a paintball to the eye.  Looked real gnarly.  Lost vision in it.  A serious call that required him to go to the nearest trauma center, but he refused us taking him.  Even with the doc on the phone he refused.  I can understand not having health insurance, but an injury that severe I would have got in the ambulance before the crew got out.
sorry to keep us off topic
but about 6 years ago i got in the eye with a .22lr ricochet it bounced out of the trap hit a few walls i could here it all the way when splat direct hit to the eye.no eye protection.lucky for me it lost most if its energy or i would be called left eye now.it hurt a lot must have scratched something because it felt like i had sandpaper in my eyelids.never went to the doctor for it,just kept my closed for about a week,every time i opened my eye i would have to shut it again.about 3 years later had an eye exam and still had 20/20 vision
lesson learned always wear eye protection

RC1947

Quote from: ScottyB on October 17, 2011, 04:58:38 PM
Can't shoot.  Wet, windy and cold.  Even if there was a break in the weather my son has a cold so I can't take him out with me so I'm stuck in the house.  Haven't made one of those indoor target/pellet catch box yet either.  Ugh...   4 days now without a shot fired...   withdrawals  :(   So fuel my needs guys.  What have you done today?
On the web, I found an excellent idea to upgrade my homemade pellet/BB trap.  Pick yourself up an electric breaker box (steel), line it with wood, and lay duct seal atop the wood.  You'll have a quiet trap that will last. RC

breakfastchef

Quote from: RC1947 on October 17, 2011, 10:31:08 PM
On the web, I found an excellent idea to upgrade my homemade pellet/BB trap.  Pick yourself up an electric breaker box (steel), line it with wood, and lay duct seal atop the wood.  You'll have a quiet trap that will last. RC

Breaker boxes are commonly used for pellet traps. They come with an instant backstop built-in. I am using rubber mulch (@8.00/bag) to fill my traps. Works terrific and dirt cheap.
Larry

mr007s

Quote from: ScottyB on October 17, 2011, 04:58:38 PM

Whats happening in the beautiful foothills of the TARHEEL STATE!

Friday, temps in the high 70's led to a trip to the mountains and a hike to Toms Creek Falls for a Geocache and TerraCache hunt.
Saturday same beautiful weather= 12 mile mtn. bike ride, watch the Charlotte race, drink cold beer.
Sunday, more of the same--16 mile mtn. bike ride
Monday, high 84, work a little, walk during break, shoot and chrony Stone Cold once home.
Tuesday, calling for low temps and rain. All good things come to an end!

Crosshairs

Scotty old news papers work great in a box about 3" thick packed tight. If you can't find a box just duct tape them.  :-*
                                                       Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

1377x

Quote from: Crosshairs on October 18, 2011, 01:47:00 AM
Scotty old news papers work great in a box about 3" thick packed tight. If you can't find a box just duct tape them.  :-*
                                                       Mike
i found the plastic grocery bags work pretty good also
cant them to tight or they might cause richocets.well i know if packed to tight an arrow from an 80# bow  10'
away wont pentetrate enough to stick

Make MY day

Go to your local Post Office and grab a dozen or so FREE Flat Rate Priority boxes.  They will take a couple phone books and junk mail with newspaper stuffed on the bottom and you can even seal them.  Regular printer paper and targets fit perfectly.  Mess one side up then turn it around. 
With age comes skills.
It's called 'Multi Tasking'.
I can
Laugh, Cough, Sneeze, Fart and Pee all at the same time.

cmj21973

Quote from: 1377x on October 18, 2011, 02:22:11 AM
i found the plastic grocery bags work pretty good also
cant them to tight or they might cause richocets.well i know if packed to tight an arrow from an 80# bow  10'
away wont pentetrate enough to stick

I can vouch for this one.

I use an empty 24 can soda box, 3 can dividers, and 30 plastic shopping bags.

15 plastic bags, flatten and folded in half, placed on the bottom, a cardboard divider, 15 crumpled bags, and then two more cardboard dividers to cover carry handle.