• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

an interesting find among my boxes during a 'fall cleanup'

Started by Serpents Den, October 26, 2011, 07:28:58 PM

Serpents Den

I was doing an annual fall cleanup, reconsolidating stuff i have in boxes, shredding old bills n docs no longer needed, etc....when going through one of my boxes that holds a ton of old 'hunting' gear, among some 6 pocket pants and wrapped up in an old 'trebark' t-shirt was a very old CO2 powered Crosman Powermatic bb pistol model 1800? kinda hard to read the numbers on it atm....an old co-worker many years ago gave that to me since I've always been an avid 'shooter' of many different firearms and archery freak...I had completely forgotten the fact that I still owned it and not disposed of or given it away myself... what to do with it atm, I'm not sure....the seals are definitely rotted/cracked at this stage in it's life, so i'm not sure if I'll actually try to restore it to working condition, or just clean it up as a show piece....If anyone has an idea or 2 to toss my way that may help with the decision for what to do with it....we shall see.... 

atm I've got an old 2240 that's also not working atm, and in dire need of a rebuild, stripped holes in the powervalve, seals are all shot...THAT I know i'll be repaired and thensome without a doubt...gotta have that .22 badboy fixed, modded and back to shooting targets and the different rodents (rats, tree rats, flying city rats, starlings, etc) around here again...I have a tasco 1x42 red/green dot scope I plan to put on it that I purchased from a friend for $20 once it's done....adding to my small collection, I picked up one of three pumpmaster classics (1377?) left at walmart to work on...  then, there's the 2240KT being built for me at Crosman custom shop atm as well...

Serpents Den

I didnt have a picture at the time of posting, but here's that powermaster.... picture taken with my motorola bionic...

RC1947

1377x

that gun brings back some great memories!
you never know whats lurking around the homefront!
closed mouths dont get fed

quickster47 †

Some TLC and a bit of time thy thing could be pristine.  Nice find during your treasure hunt.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

T191032

Kinda stylized after the High Standard .22LR in profile?

"old 'trebark' t-shirt"

Kinda funny when I saw that.  Circa mid 1980s something?  :)
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

Serpents Den

hehe the shirt? yea....I still have a safari hat, a BDU jacket and a couple other odds n ends with the same camo pattern as well...back in the '80s, it was the pattern I was using all the time... now, all my actual hunting gear is either the new realtree or advantage camo atm...that's not incl. my ghillie suit i picked up many moons ago for muzzleloading for turkey...was tempted to try that out with bowhunting too, but afraid to see the strips/cords getting caught during draw or release of my arrows....

the gun itself, reminds me kinda the cross between an old colt .45 and ruger .22 semi auto in looks...many guns back in the 60's n 70's had that kind of look in .22 semi standard though....for a CO2 bb pistol, pretty stylish for it's time me thinks, and yet i liked the 357 versions Crosman had/has too...that one's been around a long time and still popular  :)