• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

chronograph$$$$$$$$$

Started by mcc1961, November 09, 2011, 10:46:46 PM

mcc1961

What is the best cheap chronograph that you can get if there is such a thing?
Airforce Condor .25
1377 modded with 24"barrel
Daisy 880

Crosshairs

This is the one i use and it works great.
                                        Mike
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/Shooting_Chrony_Beta_Chronograph_Blue/837
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

breakfastchef

You pretty much have three to choose from -  Shooting Chrony, ProChrono or Combro. Aside from the retail price of a Shooting Chrony F-1 ($95ish), you might find a decent deal on a used device on eBay, the classifieds here or on the Yellow thing.
Larry

1377x

someone just bought a cheap one here on the forum and posted about it
im going to get one eventually
http://www.catsdomain.com/chrono/index.html
closed mouths dont get fed

JMJinNC

I've got a Combro that works very well, about the same or cheaper than the F1, and VERY compact. Can be connected to your PC/Mac for easy data collection.

JMJ
John

grumpy

Quote from: 1377x on November 10, 2011, 05:00:58 PM

I did and it works great. No fussy set up and works great in and out doors.

NorthStaR

Quote from: JMJinNC on November 10, 2011, 05:22:18 PM
I've got a Combro that works very well, about the same or cheaper than the F1, and VERY compact. Can be connected to your PC/Mac for easy data collection.

JMJ

X2. A great chrony!

A member on here called Stot makes the cable for data capture so you can save your strings to your pc (as mentioned above).
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

Smaug

I got mine on sale from them for $85 a while ago, and it is not even a bare bones model.

I think it is a ProChrono.

It works well, if there's enough light. It seems to prefer a bright overcast day. Won't work if it is very cloudy, and needs a lot of light indoors. I ordered a couple of LED task lights that I'm going to velcro to the chrono diffusers at the suggestion of a couple fellas from The Yellow.
-Jeremy
"If it's worth doing, it's worth OVERdoing."
Crosman 66, 1377, 2300T, 1701P / Daisy 1200, 953, & 747 / Stoeger X20 / .177 Marauder / Archer AR2078 / Weihrauch HW30s / RWS 56

cheewee

Quote from: 1377x on November 10, 2011, 05:00:58 PM

anyone else have any experience with the ps2 chrony?
jeff

people take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness.
just because they are not on your road doesnt mean there lost.

grumpy

I got no affiliation with PS  but ill tell you what, I bought it cause I have little room or patience to making things work that I paid for. The PS only throws an error when its my fault. It works awesome in fluorescent, incandescent, halogen and outside on any day. Slap a 9 volt battery in an your good to go.

Just beware that you better keep a notepad and pen near by. It only logs your last shot.

Dave

cheewee

i like the fact that it so compact, i think i will give it a try.

Quote from: grumpy on November 13, 2011, 03:44:58 AM

Just beware that you better keep a notepad and pen near by. It only logs your last shot.

Dave

might be a way to get the wife involved, i call out the numbers and she writes them down  :)
jeff

people take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness.
just because they are not on your road doesnt mean there lost.