• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Started by teebird, November 11, 2011, 06:26:15 PM

teebird

Hi I order a 2240 today now for the wait my first .22 , I've only used .177
on the pellets what weight to start with, I think I'll shoot it stock for a while but then do some mods

RC1947

It's a fine pistol that I'm sure you'll enjoy.  Have fun, RC

quickster47 †

Get some Crosman Premier 14.3 grain Ultra Magnums or Hollow Points or domed.  That is a good weight to begin with.  Wally World usually has them cheap.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

teebird

Smaug

They're great pellets in most airguns.
-Jeremy
"If it's worth doing, it's worth OVERdoing."
Crosman 66, 1377, 2300T, 1701P / Daisy 1200, 953, & 747 / Stoeger X20 / .177 Marauder / Archer AR2078 / Weihrauch HW30s / RWS 56

grumpy

Mine loves JSB 13.4's and 14.3. The Crosman premiers are pretty nice too.

Dave

1377x

you can try
rws hobby's
they weigh around 11.9gr
closed mouths dont get fed

Crosshairs

Quote from: grumpy on November 12, 2011, 03:28:58 AM
Mine loves JSB 13.4's and 14.3. The Crosman premiers are pretty nice too.

Dave
Love the JSBs  18.1 real good pellets also the RWS but you cant go wrong with the Crosman's
                                                        Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

teebird

well it came yesterday what a nice gun shoots very well used CPHP at 5m put 5 in quarter size group right out of the box didn't even mess with the sights (that was after 10 shots ), it is  loud nothing like my .177 guns ,the trigger needs some help ,and if my eyes where 30yrs younger the sights would be OK needs a scope and a steel breech but  I can see why you guys like this thing ,going to shoot it stock for awhile before dong mods ----- steel breech ,trigger work ,scope,longer barrel not sure if I'll keep it .22 or turn it into .177 but I do like the size of the .22

Crosshairs

Cool we need pic's if your going to mount a scope the BSA 2x20 edge is a nice scope for the 2240 if your keeping it as a pistol. If your bugget is not a problem the simmons pro hunter is also a real nice pistol scope. Good luck with your new rig.  8)
                                                            Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

quickster47 †

Take a look through the Gallery and you'll find tons of great ideas for your 2240.  It only takes a little imagination and some disposable income to make the gun truly yours.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

dpricenator

open one side of the grip, and take out that trigger Spring.  Compress it a few time so that it is shorter when relaxed than before.  This will reduce the trigger weight a lot.  If you go to far stretch it back out.  My trigger pull is short and crisp and that was all I did.  I don't have the right allen wrench to open the trigger block, so polishing the trigger parts can wait. 

teebird

thanks I'll try that ,thanks dpricenator