• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

steel breech info from lady at crosman

Started by millipede, November 14, 2011, 10:05:12 PM

millipede

i just got off the phone with a lady at crosman. i was ordering a couple of different parts but decided to ask if steel breeches were in stock out of curiosity. she said that they are made to order so i asked if that meant they are handmade on the spot. she said no that they order the parts and put the kit together then ship them. i asked where they ordered them from and she just said they are bulk shipped from various places. it seems like she didnt want to give me a straight answer as to weather theyre made by a person or a machine. if theyre made to order, why do they order them in bulk?

whatever... she said theyre out of stock anyways

breakfastchef

Trade secret - never divulge your sources.
Larry

dpricenator

No reason you have to buy it from Crosman.  There are multiple places to buy an aftermarket breech for these guns.

millipede

dpricenator

this is true, $10 more for the next one up.

1377x

you wont get a straight direct answer from crosman
they just push buttons
it was hard to get answer out of them for the p-rod grip frame.never did get a complete answer.
closed mouths dont get fed

Nightshade

Quote from: dpricenator on November 14, 2011, 10:51:31 PM
No reason you have to buy it from Crosman.  There are multiple places to buy an aftermarket breech for these guns.

There are other sources?!?!  :o :o No kidding........ ???

Please......where and who?  ???

quickster47 †

Don Cothran has breechs, Crosmods has breechs, Crooked Barn has breechs, Cobra has breechs, BNM CUSTOM AIRGUNS has breechs.  And probably a few I have missed.  However, these are all custom breechs and will cost more than the Crosman breech.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

RC1947

I had a similar experience with customer service when trying to get availability answers regarding a breech.  Bummer, RC

NorthStaR

Another source for breeches is GMAC. He does an all brass one too. And he caters for 'lefties'.
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

quickster47 †

Quote from: NorthStaR on November 15, 2011, 12:48:38 PM
Another source for breeches is GMAC. He does an all brass one too. And he caters for 'lefties'.

Yep, GMAC was one of the ones I missed.  I can blame it on the MBS that I am plagued with.

Carl

MBS = Multiple Birthday Syndrome

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

NorthStaR

MBS = I thought it was Multiple Breech Syndrome.

Happy Birthday BTW, and if its not yours pass it on!  ;D  ;)  :-*
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

arkmaker †

I am really surprised that Crosman does not make them in house. I would set up a cell of machines, one person, and go at it. After making an almost exact knockoff of their breech, I was thinking about how I would mass produce them if I were Crosman (making multiple anything syndrome is a trait of an old machinist). If you had the money for the initial investment of machines and tooling to be set up for just that purpose.....Cha Ching!!!
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Crosshairs

They dont want to say there made in China.
                                       Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

1377x

i noticed differences in the crosman steel breeches
some have serial numbers,others dont,some have ugly tooling marks,some dont
i am lucky enough to be able to get breeches right now.no waiting for stock,no shipping its worth the couple extra dollars and tax to me for this luxury.
closed mouths dont get fed