• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

rear sight and trigger shoe question before ordering from custom shop ..

Started by DBOdude, November 16, 2011, 07:16:15 PM

quickster47 †

I wouldn't waste my time with the power adjuster.  If you are after shot count then the spacer is a good idea.  I also made a new transfer port sleeve with a smaller diameter hole.  That and the spacer improved my shot count and the velocity was still plenty, enough to punch paper.

The HDDs I have in my other shooters right now are the infamous ones from AoA and 'the Steve'.  They are working okay and really work okay in pretty much stock guns that don't have more powerful springs and such.  Truthfully, they are not designed for that kind of stress.  The new ones I am hoping work as good as the old style.  Should have some more thoughts on that later.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

quickster47 †

Another thing I have done is lighten the striker/hammer.  This along with the HDD is a big gas saver.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

NorthStaR

Booty, a stock 2240 setup is enough to dispatch a rat or bird IMO.
It just depends on how far from your target you fire from and placing your shot in the right killzones accurately.

Carl, those hamers look great. Good work.  8)

I was thinking back to the PA's being discussed and I remembered the one you (Quickster47) have in the 'for sale' section.
That is for me, optically, is the one I would go for if I was to go down that road again, maybe tommorow...  ;D ;D ;D
(picture the end credits to The Littlest Hobo! :D  http://youtu.be/aFZKlfRrGbw).

It has a more usable feature of being a rear cocker with two points of cocking. A more complicated but more effective design IMHO.

Still tempting partly cause its different!  ;D ;D ;D
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

quickster47 †

Quote from: NorthStaR on November 18, 2011, 08:16:34 PM
That is for me, optically, is the one I would go for if I was to go down that road again, maybe tommorow...  ;D ;D ;D
(picture the end credits to The Littlest Hobo! :D  http://youtu.be/aFZKlfRrGbw).

Geesh, where oh where do you find some of your material?  ;D

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

NorthStaR

I just seem to channel it! If only it was the lotto numbers...  ;)
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

Serpents Den

Quote from: Crosshairs on November 17, 2011, 07:19:24 PM
You have to add the breech with the pistol / 2300 but the cabine / 2400 will come with it.I think lol.
                                   Mike

in actuality, you get the steel breech with the gun, only you have a choice in either the long or short version...there is no choice for without it (I only ordered my 2240kt last month...)  and you still have to choose, a rear sight, scope, or you can get none at all.....I opted for the williams notched sight and silver muzzlebrake with pin sight, for when my red dot scope battery power goes out, i can use open sights....

pirouge

beware of the "10/22 syndrome" or you can end up with a $600 air pistol  : >) 

quickster47 †

Quote from: pirouge on November 19, 2011, 11:28:47 AM
  beware of the "10/22 syndrome" or you can end up with a $600 air pistol  : >)

Well, if you have the disposablele income that's not a problem.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

grumpy

I have as much in some of my 2240's as a mrod. If I was not so stubborn and not listened to the good advice here I could have saved a fortune.

Dave

T191032

Since I don't "tinker" with my airguns as much as some of ya'll, I can't exactly speak with much experience on this subject.   

With regard to the trigger shoes, I like them on my Crosman airguns, as they feel pretty good to me.

With regard to the Power Adjuster.  You know I got the Mellon Adjusters on the Custom Shop .177s, and a Crosman model on the .22 (all you have to do is look at the pictures to tell lol).  I went with the PA in search of a higher shot count without digging into the gun's guts.  Remember [ Me + Tools = Trouble ], so I was looking for the "simplest" method approach.  Not exactly the best, which is a combination of techinques, something that there is several(!) threads on here.  Try a number of "SandSquids" where he was digging into the guts, swapping springs, etc to get a high shot count.

On a related subject, springs, for hammer or trigger.  I've got a list of them from Ace Hardware if you're looking for aftermarket types you can try, just do a search.

Ya'll have a good day!
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

DBOdude

thanks folks . i'm gonna pass on the power adjuster . i'll search the forum for info on muzzle breaks and if i have any unanswered questions i'll make a thread asking them .

thanks again .
Everything isn't for Everybody ......

mcc1961

I got my power adjuster from Cothrans machine and it also has a stem built into it to keep the spring straight. Also the springs will come out of the hole where the adjuster is without taking the gun apart.
Airforce Condor .25
1377 modded with 24"barrel
Daisy 880

Serpents Den

I mainly got a PA more for the aesthetic looks, they are kewl looking bling..not like I'll really be tuning it down for gas saving much anyways......  here's 2 pics of the muzzlebrake I ordered from Art's Shack, Booty...
I ordered (2) 5" brass....EXPH_6 muzzlebrakes