• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

rear sight and trigger shoe question before ordering from custom shop ..

Started by DBOdude, November 16, 2011, 07:16:15 PM

DBOdude

ready to place my order , but i have 2 questions .
does the 2400KT have any rear sight if it's ordered without a scope ?
is the trigger shoe a real difference maker over the newer trigger crosman recently came out with ?

here's what i finally decided to order .

Custom 2400KT: CO2 Carbine$112.27$112.27
Base Unit: $63.00
Barrel - 24 Cros (.177): $8.23
muzzle brake Front Sight - no sight: $0.00
Sight and Scope - No Scope: $0.00
Trigger Shoe - No Shoe: $0.00
Grip - Camouflage Stock: $31.04
Engraving: BOOTY MONSTER
Lifetime Warranty: $10.00

a scope and muzzle brake will be added ......
Everything isn't for Everybody ......

quickster47 †

Quote from: Booty Monster on November 16, 2011, 07:16:15 PM
ready to place my order , but i have 2 questions .
does the 2400KT have any rear sight if it's ordered without a scope ?
is the trigger shoe a real difference maker over the newer trigger crosman recently came out with ?

Your gun will have no sight if you do not specify one when placing the order.

The trigger shoe is more of a comfort thing and to me, makes very little difference in the way the trigger operates.  However, that being said, there is always the placebo effect and you may feel better with the trigger shoe.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

breakfastchef

Larry

Crosshairs

As the other's members said no sight will come with your gun unless you order it with the gun and a stock sight will not mount on the steel breech,the trigger shoe in nice and smooth but you will need to shim the trigger to stop the side wobble, the camo stock is real nice i think you will really like it.What muzzle brake are you going to use.Here is my 2400KT with the camo stock.                                              Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

1377x

do they come with a steel breech?or does it have to be added to the list?
closed mouths dont get fed

Crosshairs

Quote from: 1377x on November 17, 2011, 05:25:46 PM
do they come with a steel breech?or does it have to be added to the list?
You have to add the breech with the pistol / 2300 but the cabine / 2400 will come with it.I think lol.
                                   Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

DBOdude

thanks for the replies , and thanks for the pics of yours with the camp stock crosshairs .

i haven't decided on who to get the muzzle brake from yet . there's a few places recommended on this forum that seem to have very satisfied customers and reasonable prices , so i'll study up on MB's a little more before i order one . for the scope i'm just gonna get the $70 4-16 x40 crossfire from wally-world . i'm sure 16 is too much for my use , but a 3-9 is only $15 cheaper ..... so i figure why not . if i have a issue with it i'll return it and get something variable from leapers TUG or 5th generation line with AO .

BTW what are y'alls thoughts on the power adjustment part for the 2400 ?
also , what does it cost and what is the part number for it ? is it easy to install ?
Everything isn't for Everybody ......

quickster47 †

Crosman makes a Rear Velocity Adjuster for their 2300S guns.  It includes a new spring and works surprisingly well.

Part number is Velocity Adjuster - 2300-124

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

dpricenator

Quote from: Booty Monster on November 17, 2011, 07:22:21 PM
thanks for the replies , and thanks for the pics of yours with the camp stock crosshairs .

i haven't decided on who to get the muzzle brake from yet . there's a few places recommended on this forum that seem to have very satisfied customers and reasonable prices , so i'll study up on MB's a little more before i order one . for the scope i'm just gonna get the $70 4-16 x40 crossfire from wally-world . i'm sure 16 is too much for my use , but a 3-9 is only $15 cheaper ..... so i figure why not . if i have a issue with it i'll return it and get something variable from leapers TUG or 5th generation line with AO .

BTW what are y'alls thoughts on the power adjustment part for the 2400 ?
also , what does it cost and what is the part number for it ? is it easy to install ?

Mellon Air sells a power adjuster for $8 shipped.

Also for the trigger, just remove the grip, and the trigger pring, and compress it a few time to make it shorter than before.  I gave it a few tries and my trigger is short and crisp.

breakfastchef

Quote from: Booty Monster on November 17, 2011, 07:22:21 PMBTW what are y'alls thoughts on the power adjustment part for the 2400 ?

I recently ordered a 2300-124 Pressure Adjust Assembly and do not recommend the part. Velocities on my 2300KT were inconsistant.I tried both the hammer spring that shipped with the device and the stock spring from my pistol.

If you want to try a pressure adjusting device, get one from MellonAir for $8. If it does not 'float your boat', you are not out much cash.
Larry

NorthStaR

Or buy a few different springs and swap them around till you get the power level you want.
Not just the hammer but the valve springs too. They need to balance.

Changing springs is a better option (IMHO) but more more hassle to change. A plus is they're cheap too.

I'd prefer to have a spring made to a specific tension than crush one that will in time loose its
shape/strength from over compression.

My stock EB22 hammer spring and valve spring kick out 12FPE and for a stock pistol that's quite high.
In comparison to my 2240 that kicked out 7FPE (in stock form).

The main difference is the springs with the EB have a MUCH thicker wire and is MUCH stiffer. A hard hitter (IMO)!

I guess you can tell I'm not a huge fan of PA's!  ;D ;D ;D
I've not found them to be worth while and how often would I tweak it's pressure? Most likely never.

I think for the minimal impact an alternative spring set would be much more noticeable in its effect on gas and power.

BUT, aesthetically a PA does look interesting and makes a cool feature. It's just what they do I'm not so bothered about.

All IMHO!  :)
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

quickster47 †

Quote from: NorthStaR on November 18, 2011, 01:12:13 PM
I guess you can tell I'm not a huge fan of PA's!  ;D ;D ;D
I've not found them to be worth while and how often would I tweak it's pressure? Most likely never.

I think for the minimal impact an alternative spring set would be much more noticeable in its effect on gas and power.

BUT, aesthetically a PA does look interesting and makes a cool feature. It's just what they do I'm not so bothered about.

All IMHO!  :)

And to be truthful, I very much agree with you.  Seems like that is one of the first mods folks want to do because they believe it is instant power.  Well, that ain't always the case.  But they do look pretty cool  will admit.

As many guns as I have and have had and have tried the rear velocity adjusters, AKA power adjusters, never have they been truly worthwhile.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

JEBert

QuoteAs many guns as I have and have had and have tried the rear velocity adjusters, AKA power adjusters, never have they been truly worthwhile.
Carl

Carl,
I only shoot 5 and 10M at paper with my 2300KT for our monthly comps (Haven't had a chance to shoot this months comps yet).  Internally, it is still completely stock.
I am planning to add the internal valve spacer from a 2300T to see if I can increase the shot count.
I am also considering a conversion it to .177 using a take-off barrel from one of my 1377's that I re-crowned.  The 1377 became very accurate after the re-crown but I decided to add a longer barrel (that I cut and crowned myself).
In view of your above statement, do you think a power adjuster on the 2300 would be worth trying also?
One thought more, I am awaiting your review of the latest HDD.  Seems like that should save some gas.
Thank you in advance.  Your advice is greatly valued.
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

1377x

power adjuster aka rear velocity adjuster has been a waste of time for me also.if i want more power i add a heavier hammer spring,really dont have any plans of decreasing power after i increase it.
if you want less power then use a lighter hammer or hammer spring,both
closed mouths dont get fed

dpricenator

Well I did some instant power mods, by replaceing the stock valve with a BOSS valve.  Well now I chew through CO2 quick.  In my case, I want to have the option of power for rats  hunting, but be able to dial it back for plinking.  with out taking thr gun apart.  So we'll start with a PA and a lighter spring.  Then I can increase power, with the PA, but dial it back with the lighter spring.  Or since it's about to become an indoor gun I may just pu tthe stock valve back in, ansd swap it out  when I know I'm gonna kill something.