• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

2240 New Scope

Started by RC1947, November 23, 2011, 10:20:26 PM

RC1947

My new scope, suggested by another member, arrived today - $30 from Amazon.  It's an NcStar 2.5 x 30.  It comes with weaver mounts that fit on my 11mm to weaver adapter.  I haven't zeroed it in yet; looking forward to that. RC

dpricenator

Oh i get it...

offer free solution, sell me the $30 Solution, 1 up me with a $50 option. 

Looks awesome.  Get that baby Zero'd and let's see some targets.

RC1947

Quote from: dpricenator on November 23, 2011, 10:28:18 PM
Oh i get it...

offer free solution, sell me the $30 Solution, 1 up me with a $50 option. 

Looks awesome.  Get that baby Zero'd and let's see some targets.

That cracked me up.  My grandson is here for the night, and if I made an attempt to shoot the pistol he would be all over that, and no zeroing would be accomplished.  Maybe later, if I let him shoot the Makarov, which he claims is his pistol... RC

quickster47 †

Very nice set up but I'm thinking you would be better off just getting some medium rings from BKL and do away with the Weaver adapter and Weaver rings.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

arkmaker †

Cool, let me know what you think of it after you get a chance to shoot at different distances.  :-*
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

RC1947

Quote from: quickster47 on November 24, 2011, 12:12:13 AM
Very nice set up but I'm thinking you would be better off just getting some medium rings from BKL and do away with the Weaver adapter and Weaver rings.

Carl
I couldn't agree more.  I have a set of high 11mm rings on the way, but thought, in the meantime, I'd learn to sight with a scope, something I've never used, preferring peep sights when I could see them. There's a problem with this multi-object setup at any rate; it leans to the left side of the barrel, and since the previous red dot didn't, I suspect the stock rings that come with the scope.  I did shoot about 60 shots tonight, and that's how I learned of the misalignment.  The scope itself is pretty impressive, and the eye relief ideal for an airgun pistol. RC

breakfastchef

Quote from: RC1947 on November 24, 2011, 02:41:04 AMThere's a problem with this multi-object setup at any rate; it leans to the left side of the barrel, and since the previous red dot didn't, I suspect the stock rings that come with the scope.

Be methodical with your mounting to ensure everything is lined up perfectly. I had a problem with a scope on a Gamo springer. I could not zero in the scope. It turned out to be as simple as turning the mounting rings 180 degrees and remounting the scope. I have no idea why that made a difference, but it shoots very accurately now.

I think you will like the rings you have on order. They are easy to install and fit snugly.
Larry

NorthStaR

I've had a similar issue with diopter sights and a few other mounts.

Now I may be wrong but I think it comes down to the dovetail/11mm rail or the attachment.
One being rounded and one being dead flat. Which is which!

For me I managed to get it level but it wasn't easy. I had to hold it in the exact spot and tighten it but keeping
pressure so it would bite but not slip to be bias to one side. I suspect it could be a similar thing.

Some mounts also seem to have a sharper biting edge and others slightly rounded which also makes an issue
of mounting some of them.

Some mounts allow you to unscrew and flip the dove adaptor for this reason.
Sorry I don't have a picture I can illustrate this with.

Is this the difference between some PB and airgun mounts? Or just a manufacturing difference/preference?  ???
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

quickster47 †

I think it has to do with the manufacturing process.  The Crosman breechs appear to have a taller area above the Dovetail.  My Marauder rifle and pistol and even the 1701P have nice flat spots, closely milled, above the Dovetail and the rings I have used fit better on them.  Hope that makes sense.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

dpricenator

+1 on being very careful and diligent when mounting.  Not all dovetails are created equal.  If one side, of the mount is biting low, the other is biting high, and thus the mount will cant, of course canting you scope.

RC1947

Thanks for all the helpfull suggestions.  Trying to zero the scope was causing me fits, and I finally realized that when I brought the pistol up to firing position I had to alter my grip in order to see through the scope.  At that point I noticed the cocked alignment.
When the high rings show up, I'll get rid of the rail. RC

RC1947

YES!  You good fellows solved the problem.  Since the new rings haven't arrived yet, I carefully reassembled the entire assembly using the same parts.  No leaning tower, but a nicely centered scope.  Thanks guys!!RC

quickster47 †

Quote from: RC1947 on November 25, 2011, 06:13:03 PM
YES!  You good fellows solved the problem.  Since the new rings haven't arrived yet, I carefully reassembled the entire assembly using the same parts.  No leaning tower, but a nicely centered scope.  Thanks guys!!RC

Way to go!  :-* :-* :-* Always a good accomplishment to solve a problem that often bugs the heck out of us because it just shouldn't be that way.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus