• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Scope for 1377

Started by Captain Hobo, November 24, 2011, 03:03:09 AM

Captain Hobo

Hello to all! I am new here. Just bought a new 1377. I would love to do all the mods, but my wallet says no right now. I did order the MT459 clamp on scope mounts. Now I will need a cheap scope or red dot. I have read that you shouldn't use a rifle scope on a pistol. So any recommedations? I have to keep the cost way down. I will just use it for tin cans and maybe a backyard pest. Thanks in advance!

breakfastchef

If you are going to use clamp on mounts, just go to WalMart and pick up one of the cheap Center Point (Crosman) red dots. I have not used a Center Point scope so I cannot say that you would be happy with it unless it had 8"+ of eye relief.
Larry

Serpents Den

either of these would work if you're looking for a red dot....below, on the left..the tasco is a 1x42 pro point red dot, wally world sells for $40....the other is a Centerpoint 1x25 multitac R/G (multi dot/reticle) scope, wally world also selling for $60... both come stock with weaver mounts.....you can change the rings on the multitac to fit those mounts you have, or you can pick up a dovetail to weaver adapter of some kind to mount it or the pro point...

Captain Hobo

Thanks for the replies! I have been doing searches on this site and coming up with ideas. I found a red dot sight that was in my basement and never used. I think that it came with an air soft many years ago. It is obviously cheap, altho it looks just like the Crosman but has the name NcStar on it. I am going to try mounting it on the 1377 and see where this goes. As I said, I bought the Crosman with the thought of building something really cool, but the economic times are a bit tough right now. I wanted a steel breech, but the clamp on mounts were half the price when shipping was factored in so that is what I got.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

1377x

i just got this scope yesterday ordered on monday from amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/UTG-Mil-dot-Scope-Airgun-Pre-adjusted/dp/B003BONFGI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322141298&sr=8-1
i dont plan on shooting more than 30 yards so this scope fit the bill
$20 to my door free 2-day shipping
couldn't resist
haven't used it yet personally but the reviews looked good enough for me
will do a range report when i get it mounted
closed mouths dont get fed

quickster47 †

For the bucks that scope is a good deal.  Mounted on a 1377 with the long steel breech would be an excellent setup for 35 yards and less.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †