• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

1377 rebuild

Started by jrb637, December 02, 2011, 01:58:32 AM

jrb637

Hi everyone,

I'm James, and I just joined.  I have a 1377 that I probably shot thousands of bb's through as a kid.  I'm 36 now, and it has sat dormant for many, many years, and now, my son, 9, has re-discovered it and loves it!  However, the pump arm is very, very loose, and it doesn't seem to build up much pressure.  I bought a rebuild kit on e-bay, which consists of a rubber cup, and an aluminum piston with an o-ring. 

I'm sure I can do this, but I'm stuck at the moment.  I can't even get the plastic thing on the end of the barrel off!  The pin that holds the barrel cap and the pump arm obviously must come off, and it is not a roll pin.  I've watched the youtube videos of dis-assembly, and they all show someone using a punch to drive out a roll pin.  Mine has a head on one end, and something that kind of looks like a c-clip on the other end.  However, the c-clip thing is a solid, unbroken circle of metal.  How do I get this thing off?   My 1377 is the model with the plastic breech, and the cocking mechanism on the back of the barrel, under the sight.  This is very frustrating.  Can anyone help? 

Crosshairs

You need to pry the C clip out with a  very small screw driver one end should be open and then use the punch to remove the pin.
                                               Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

jrb637

Victory!  Not only for the pin, but I have successfully rebuilt the 1377.  It now has a new piston cup, check valve and o-rings.  The pump sure feels stronger, so I'm very optimistic that tomorrow's test shots will show a marked increase in power.  I received this gun used 25 years ago, and it served me faithfully for many years.  I'm very happy to breathe some new life into it so my son can enjoy it as well.  Thanks for the help!  This is a great forum - loved the video links, which were very helpful in disassembling the gun.

1377x

closed mouths dont get fed