2 scopes . both the same ? or is one better?

Started by DBOdude, December 03, 2011, 09:22:19 PM

DBOdude

the $70 price point has 2 scopes that to me seem to offer a lot of features , power and quality for the price . they are the ....

UTG 5th Gen 4-16x40AO Rifle Scope, Illuminated Mil-Dot Reticle, 1/4 MOA, 1" Tube, Weaver Rings
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/UTG_5th_Gen_4_16x40AO_Rifle_Scope_Illuminated_Mil_Dot_Reticle_1_4_MOA_1_Tube_Weaver_Rings/3163

and wally worlds ....

CenterPoint CPA416ORG2
http://www.walmart.com/ip/CenterPoint-Illuminated-4-16x40mm-Scope/17173797

to me they look the same and from what i understand centerpoint and leapers/utg are both owned by the same parent company . any how , are these scopes exactly the same ? or is one better than the other , and if it is , why . same glass ? same coatings and gas ?

is the UTG a step up from the centerpoint or 5th gen leapers line ? or just different lettering on the scope ?

Everything isn't for Everybody ......

eric

centerpoint and leapers were one entity at one time but centerpoint moved on . both are foreign made (chinese ?) and by the looks of things they come from the same factory but each is most likely built with slightly  different specs --- meaning the ones for leapers will be slightly different somewhere in the specs than the centerpoint and visa versa .it could the the glass or something else ,i can't say for certain. i would go with the centerpoint from the stand point that wally world is a lot closer to me than PA/LEAPERS if the is a problem --- i haven't heard too many things about leapers butthe centerpoints yes .i have two(4-16X40AO) and one is crap but works and the other is fine .so either way i think either is a good choice
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

Serpents Den

I have the CenterPoint 4-16x40 R/G mildot scope.....it works great for me...and i did get it at wally world...

Full_Of_Air

I have the Centerpoint 4-16x40 and it's a very nice scope for the money. I ordered mine from WM online for about $70 delivered. I also have a Centerpoint 2-7x32 which is also nice but I don't like the lack of AO on that one.

Crosshairs

I agree with eric there the same thing. I have both and dont have a problem with them remember there not $200 scopes so for a pellet gun there just fine.
                                                  Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

DBOdude

thanks folks . when the time/money is right ill get the CP from wally world . if for some reason i dont like it i'll take it back and either get the 4-16x50AO leapers from PA or the full size (non-compact) 30mm 3-12x44AO .
Everything isn't for Everybody ......