• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Out Report

Started by RC1947, December 06, 2011, 03:56:00 PM

RC1947

Putting the final touches of zeroing my NCStar 2.5 x 30 scope after trying H & N Sport wadcutter pellets resulted in this target, two handed standing from 24', 18 shots.  It took a week of shooting to get used to shooting with a scope, at times doubting that it was a better option than the red dot previously mounted on my 2240.  As it stands, I couldn't be more pleased than with this scope and the pellets. RC

1377x

nice shooting!
looks zeroed to me
now lets see how it does in the monthly comps! ;)
closed mouths dont get fed

breakfastchef

Nice grouping with two hands! I really like that scope for up to 10M-15M.
Larry

millipede

where did you get that scope? i need a good pistol scope for my 397. the intermounts should be getting here any day now

woody67

Looks good!
Is that a stock 2240?

Nice shooting!!

RC1947

Quote from: millipede on December 06, 2011, 09:24:16 PM
where did you get that scope? i need a good pistol scope for my 397. the intermounts should be getting here any day now
It comes with low mounts.  Here's where:
http://www.amazon.com/2-5X30-Pistol-Scope-Blue-Lens/dp/B000SBRJQY/ref=sr_1_sc_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1323204579&sr=8-2-spell

RC1947

Quote from: woody67 on December 06, 2011, 09:28:31 PM
Looks good!
Is that a stock 2240?

Nice shooting!!
Thanks.  Other than the metal breech, I shimmed and polished the trigger mechanism, and filled each grip with epoxy. RC

millipede

does it come with mounts that fit a dovetail or are they the ones in your picture there

Smaug

Nice shooting, RC.

When I saw the pic of how your scope is mounted before, I thought: "Why not just get the proper rings and do away with the weaver-to-3/8 mount?" But I just realized by looking at it, that if you had the scope mounted in the same place fore and aft, the back of the scope would make it harder to load pellets.

For my scope, I found that it needed to be mounted further back, since it has less eye relief than yours, apparently.

If you're using to shooting with open sights or red dots, it can be an adjustment to move to a scope. But the scope really provides for optimal accuracy, as it removes the resolution of your eyesight from the equation, at the cost of a little weight.

Also, I agree with 1377x. You should start entering the monthly competitions. It is low key and low pressure; really fun. I actually won one of them for Nov.
-Jeremy
"If it's worth doing, it's worth OVERdoing."
Crosman 66, 1377, 2300T, 1701P / Daisy 1200, 953, & 747 / Stoeger X20 / .177 Marauder / Archer AR2078 / Weihrauch HW30s / RWS 56

RC1947

Quote from: millipede on December 06, 2011, 10:03:22 PM
does it come with mounts that fit a dovetail or are they the ones in your picture there
Comes with the 5/8" mounts shown, but for $10 you can buy high 3/8" mounts to fit direct. RC

RC1947

Quote from: Smaug on December 06, 2011, 10:05:17 PM
Nice shooting, RC.

When I saw the pic of how your scope is mounted before, I thought: "Why not just get the proper rings and do away with the weaver-to-3/8 mount?" But I just realized by looking at it, that if you had the scope mounted in the same place fore and aft, the back of the scope would make it harder to load pellets.

For my scope, I found that it needed to be mounted further back, since it has less eye relief than yours, apparently.

If you're using to shooting with open sights or red dots, it can be an adjustment to move to a scope. But the scope really provides for optimal accuracy, as it removes the resolution of your eyesight from the equation, at the cost of a little weight.

Also, I agree with 1377x. You should start entering the monthly competitions. It is low key and low pressure; really fun. I actually won one of them for Nov.
You guessed it; it's all about loading pellets, and the high mounts weren't as high as what I have with this setup.  Tightened properly, it works perfectly fine.  And yes, I'd enjoy taking part in the monthly shoots.  I just have to make it to the library to print out a target that I can copy  My printer is o/a. RC
Oh, and congrats for your win!!

Crosshairs

Nice 2240 and nice shooting i like the scope.
                      Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!