• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Cheap and Functional 1377 Holster

Started by Mo, December 06, 2011, 06:04:20 PM

Mo

So, it's not pretty, but it works!  I spotted a tape measure leather holster in a hardware store for $5 and the belt for $7. 

Removed the bottom 3 fasteners and the 1377 fits in nicely.  I had originally planned on trimming off the bottom loop  to tidy it up a bit after removing the fasteners, but in the end decided to leave it on since it covers the trigger guard.  The safety strap holds the pistol in -- but snapping it closed can partially or fully release the safety.  So after closing it, I reach a finger up from the bottom to make sure it's fully slid to safety.

Those are RB grips and pumper.  The first real mod I'm planning is to put fiber optics into the sights.

--Mo

quickster47 †

That is one fine looking holster for your 1377.  Nice find and thanks for sharing it.  :-*

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Nightshade

Get some shoe leather dye and color that bad boy so it will look complete!!  :-*

Mo

I do have some leather dyes on hand and will test them shortly.  The belt comes in a super-huge one-size.  I trimmed down the excess off of the belt when I did the holster.  And then I cut that bit into several pieces to use as test swatches for the dyes.

tinker

(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

Smaug

I love these "thinking outside the box" solutions. This is probably the same leather used in $50 purpose-made pistol holsters, and costs a fraction of that.

It even covers the trigger, like a proper holster! Well-done, man.  :-*
-Jeremy
"If it's worth doing, it's worth OVERdoing."
Crosman 66, 1377, 2300T, 1701P / Daisy 1200, 953, & 747 / Stoeger X20 / .177 Marauder / Archer AR2078 / Weihrauch HW30s / RWS 56

1377x

closed mouths dont get fed

RC1947

Creative and clever leave nothing not to like.  Well done :-*RC

Mo

Quote from: Smaug on December 06, 2011, 10:18:32 PM
I love these "thinking outside the box" solutions.

Or, quick thinking inside the big box hardware store!  =^,^=

--Mo

Plasticman

If you put a red dot or scope on it it won't fit in the holster. It looks good the way it is. Nice find.

Crosshairs

Very cool idea  :-*
                 Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

NorthStaR

Quote from: Plasticman on December 06, 2011, 10:51:22 PM
If you put a red dot or scope on it it won't fit in the holster. It looks good the way it is. Nice find.

You could cut a side slot/opening for the sight to fit in. As long as that safety strap is secured it should do just fine. IMHO.

Just need to get some dark boot polish and get rid of the pink leather effect!  :D ;)  (Unless you like pink!  :) )
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

Mo

I don't have any plans to add a scope or red dot to make the pistol bulky.  I would like to see if I can just drill holes in the existing sights and insert a bit of optical fiber.  Doing some googling, I found a thread on another forum where somebody had done exactly that.  But there are some technical difficulties with registration at that site right now, so I haven't been able to register over there yet and ask some questions.

I also have a Gamo Whisper rifle which came with fiber optic sights and I really enjoyed using those for a time before putting a scope on it.

And, umm, I do like pink!  And butch colours too  :-\   
The plan is to dye the belt something that will go with the brown & olive laminate of the grips.

pirouge

Mo, your my kind of man. I like it. I use the nylon crosman holster with the "clip" pouch for my stock 2240. $6.95 at walmart. The pouch holds 2 extra co2 cylinders. I've used regular Kiwi liquid black shoe polish with success on various leather projects, then I always rub in vaseline for a preservative.

Crosshairs

I like your Grips and forearm.
                                 Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!