• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

M-417 BUMMER

Started by mr007s, December 26, 2011, 05:34:07 PM

mr007s

The Grandson received his Christmas present, M-417, and was so excited. We went out to sling some lead. About an hour latter the butt stock had cracked up near the rear of the breech and finally broke completely off. Ever watched a grown man cry??

I guess it will be headed back to Pyramyd Air for replacement.
I know several members here have this gun and have written highly of it.
What shooting we got to do proved it to be very accurate, at least at 10 yards and with Gamo ammo.
How ever, I can't bring myself to brag on the gun right at the moment, still bummed out about it.

1377x

sorry to hear that!
hopefully the next one wont be a lemon
closed mouths dont get fed

joe k

that is a bummer, i hope pyramyd air makes it right for ya.
joe

quickster47 †

Oh man, I am so sorry to hear about the problem.  Hope it all gets worked out cause it is a pretty descent gun.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

arkmaker †

Bummer! Nothing like having something brand new mess up on ya to turn you off, but a short story and maybe it will make you feel better.....
I bought a .380 PB a few months back. Took it to the range and had a few jams. Man, this was suppose to be a carry gun and I can't trust it.  bought some different ammo and went back and had 8 jams out of 12 rounds!!! So I took it apart, polished the heck out of the ramp and loading port. Made sure there were no burrs anywhere and went back to the range last week. She is the smoothest shooter I have now. 10 clips and not a hiccup or even the thought of one. So, maybe the next M417 will be right for your grandson! Could happen  :-* I know that probably did not make you feel any better, but now you know, you're not in the boat alone.

My M417 is still in the box! Don't even want to think about it until I finish up the other projects. Just hope my stock holds up when I do get around to it!
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

mcc1961

I got a 2300T from PA and as soon as I put a Co2 cartridge in it there was a leak and they didn't give me a bit of a problem.As soon as they got the defective one they had me another one for exchange and even checked the new one out for free.They are great to deal with.
Airforce Condor .25
1377 modded with 24"barrel
Daisy 880

mr007s

Quote from: mcc1961 on December 31, 2011, 06:18:48 AM
I got a 2300T from PA and as soon as I put a Co2 cartridge in it there was a leak and they didn't give me a bit of a problem.As soon as they got the defective one they had me another one for exchange and even checked the new one out for free.They are great to deal with.

So far the exchange is going well. the wife phoned PA and they gave her a return number. I was e-mailed a link to Fed-x where I could print out the return label complete with the bar code. It has been boxed and dropped off at Fed-x. Hopefully it will return in a week or so and the Grandson will stop calling every day.

arkmaker †

Quote from: mr007s on December 31, 2011, 06:27:33 AM
and the Grandson will stop calling every day.

;D ;D

Glad to hear you are getting it straighten out.  :-*

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Crosshairs

Yes Sir happy to hear PA is doing the right thing but i new they would. Im still shooting mine almost every day she still holding up and pretty much dead on when shooting i cant wait for your grandson to enjoy his M417.
                                                           Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

millipede

i bought a 760 a few months ago and hadnt even shot it ten times when the stock snapped clean off the back of it....

mr007s

Got a notice from PA that the M-417 was out of stock and should be in on the 9th. Guess there was a run on them over the holidays.

I been pondering a fix to prevent the stock from breaking again. For those that own one, the butt stock can be removed by pulling up where it is attached at the rear of the breech. It looks to a type of injection molding that Mattel may have done, or Fisher price. A number of plastic gussets encircle the main tube. Your opinion please if some coating of epoxy, bondo or other filler placed here would add strength in this obvious weak area?

arkmaker †

Your gonna need fiberglass cloth to go along with that epoxy it you want any additional strength.
RIch

mr007s

Quote from: arkmaker on January 06, 2012, 12:35:23 AM
Your gonna need fiberglass cloth to go along with that epoxy it you want any additional strength.
RIch

Thanks Rich, could you elaborate on how this can be done. Maybe take a look at yours and describe where and how you would place it?

arkmaker †

If you do it, it will not slide open and closed anymore. I'll try to take a look tomorrow. Already packed back in the box for when I have more energy to deal with it. Not very happy with it right now, but hey.......maybe it was just my bad mood today!

mr007s

Thank you, I owe ya one.