• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

How to prevent rust?

Started by OahuDave, December 29, 2011, 01:50:57 AM

OahuDave

I just took out my sons 2400KT that is less than a month old and it is rusting already. We live in Hawaii and no air conditioning in the house. I have been storing the guns in the Crosman Custom Shop boxes I got and now I am worried. Wherever there was lettering or engraving it is really bad. I just sprayed some WD40 on a rag and took off the stocks and wiped down the barrel and breech very good, as well as all the other guns. Just curious what else I can do? I am going to buy a bunch of those dehumidify crystal packs that come in items and toss those in the boxes as well. I just figure that if these are less than a month old and already rusting that I could be in trouble. I think I might be looking for SS barrels and breeches in the future. Ugh.

Thanks for any info and I did search for a thread on this, but did not manage to find one.

Dave
-Dave

-Crosman 1377 w/Mountain Air Steel Breech, Stainless Bolt, Flat Top Piston, Aluminum Brake, Trigger Guide/Spring, 14" Barrel and Crosman stock
-Son's 'Venturized' 2400KT w/10.1" Match .177 Barrel, 6x32 Scope, Silver Muzzle Brake, Carbon stock and Silver Trigger
-My 'Prawpsified' 2400KT w/10.1" Match .177 Barrel, 6x32 Scope, Silver Muzzle Brake, Outdoor stock and Silver Trigger
-My "O.C.D." 2300KT w/10.1" Match .177 Barrel, Multi-Tac Quick Aim Sight, Black Muzzle Brake, Long Steel Breech, Cocobolo Target Grips and Black Trigger

Crosshairs

Flitz is the best stuff to use. And a thin coat of oil now and then wipe it down after you hold it.
                          Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

tinker

Dave, I use Corrosion Block. Found at your fishing supply store.  There is a pump version that will  do as I put some on a cheap 1" paint brush and brush all the metal surfaces.  I'm 3 blocks from the ocean so everything here rusts in no time. With the Corrosion Block the rust problem is reduce to almost nothing.  But you have to maintain the coverage.  After using re-apply using the brush.  My Disco has been sitting in the open for a month and no surface rust at all.  My 1322 has been in the soft case for 2 months too with no signs.

Glen
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!