• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

How do I install one of these trigger stop things?

Started by chinaboy, December 30, 2011, 01:12:08 AM

Crosshairs

Nice job ! that trigger looks nice. I bet you can adjust the trigger stop with out a wrench with the head of the screw not a bad idea, is that what you were looking to do or you just didn't have the screw.
                                                           Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

chinaboy

I didn't have the screw needed nor did the store I got the 8-32 dye.  I'm either going to order one from crosman  from the 2300 or search lowes.  The one I have cost a quarter and I bought just to have until I get a set screw.  But, now that I have it it would be nice for adjusting without a wrench.  The screw in the picture could be shorter as it hits my hand when holding it. 

How long are the set screws that every one uses?  Like I said, if I can't buy one from lowes I will order one.

QB78Guy

I used a SS 3/8 set screw and it seemed too long for me so I ended up cutting it down to about 1/4. Homedepot had a good amount of screws and such you could try there.

millipede

JEBert

Millipede,
When the trigger breaks the sear from holding the hammer, you don't want the gun to move before the pellet leaves the barrel.  The farther the trigger moves after it breaks, the more the gun will likely move because you are pulling on it, remember?  The trigger over-travel screw is adjusted to just beyond where the trigger breaks so that the gun doesn't have a chance to move much after the break.  A smooth squeeze is still important.
Another term you might hear in reference to firearm triggers is Lock Time.  Lock Time is the time between  the trigger breaking and the firing pin hitting the primer.  Shorter lock time = greater accuracy potential.  We don't hear much about lock time in reference to air guns.
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

Colt25

Quote from: Crosshairs on December 30, 2011, 08:52:25 PM
I got the frame and grip from Crosmods, it has a real sweet trigger pull. :-*
                                   Mike

Thanks. It looks good too!