• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

And a shot to the back of the head...........

Started by Nightshade, January 05, 2012, 08:23:00 PM

Nightshade

BB/Pellet guns look way to much like firearms at times.......... >:( >:( >:(

This 8 yr old boy died because his pellet gun looked to real. :(

http://news.yahoo.com/texas-police-kill-8th-grader-carrying-pellet-gun-003818851.html

Viking

More like 15 year old and died because he threatened to kill people and posing his toy gun as a real one. Basically suicide by cop.
When you have to kill a man,
it costs nothing to be polite.
- Winston Churchill

grumpy

Quote from: Nightshade on January 05, 2012, 08:23:00 PM
BB/Pellet guns look way to much like firearms at times.......... >:( >:( >:(

This 8 yr old boy died because his pellet gun looked to real. :(

http://news.yahoo.com/texas-police-kill-8th-grader-carrying-pellet-gun-003818851.html

He did not die because the pellet gun looked too much like a real gun. He died because he would not lie down his gun. It was his own actions, not the pellet guns. 

David

Crosshairs

Quote from: Viking on January 05, 2012, 08:31:33 PM
More like 15 year old and died because he threatened to kill people and posing his toy gun as a real one. Basically suicide by cop.
Thank you.
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Full_Of_Air

I'm (personally) certain this was suicide by cop. I feel almost as bad for the cop as I do for the kid and his family. Suicide is nearly always a selfish act even though it's a cry for help.

Smaug

... I'm glad he's out of the gene pool.

I doubt the cop feels too bad about it.

Now we can see just one more reason muzzle discipline is important: it isn't just for one's OWN safety!
-Jeremy
"If it's worth doing, it's worth OVERdoing."
Crosman 66, 1377, 2300T, 1701P / Daisy 1200, 953, & 747 / Stoeger X20 / .177 Marauder / Archer AR2078 / Weihrauch HW30s / RWS 56

Viking

I doubt the cop is a psychopath, he will probably have this on his shoulders for the rest of his life. Knowing he killed an unarmed kid, even though he at the time taught he had a gun. I wonder how this kid have been treated in his live to come to this ending. Extremely sad for all of the one involved and it should also be sad if things like that had an effect on the air gun sport we practice.
- Winston Churchill

Full_Of_Air

Perhaps I shouldn't have written what I did about suicide being a selfish act. I do have empathy for that young man. But suicide really is selfish to some degree. The kid probably didn't think of how a cop would feel if he had to kill him. I'm nearly certain this was a passive/aggressive act to make someone or more than one person feel guilty about a situation or situations unknown.

I'm never sure how to react when I read or hear about cold animosity toward people like this dead kid. Evidently he intended no harm to others. He just wanted to die. If he was so determined to end his own life then he should have made it look like an accident.

Things like this are horrifically tragic on many levels for many people.

ETA: As far as I know this has not been ruled a suicide. It just seems terribly obvious to me. I've been wrong before though.

NorthStaR

Is it only a theory that it was a suicide due to the nature of how it was reported? Is it confirmed?
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

Viking

Quote from: NorthStaR on January 06, 2012, 03:38:03 PM
Is it only a theory that it was a suicide due to the nature of how it was reported? Is it confirmed?
Not a real suicide, but you could argue it was kind of like a suicide if the kid know it or not, if you get my drift.
- Winston Churchill

millipede

still in 8th grade at 15 years old? no wonder he was suicidal. it probably sucked being surrounded by 11-13 year olds everyday