• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

My AC1377

Started by foxloner, January 20, 2012, 11:53:07 PM

foxloner

Hi Guys,

My new 1377 came today, and to be honest I was a bit disappointed in the packaging and the pistol itself. I was hoping it would come in a box, but it was in one of those new vacuum style covers which can be a real hassel to open.  Anyway, my initial impression was a little disappointing.  First the grip was a bit small for my hand, but not by much. Second, I have fired about 20 shots so far, and I have come to the conclusion that the pistol shoots to the right.  After moving my rear sights as far right as I can, its still shooting to the right.  This is somewhat troublesome to me, because when I look down the barrel, I can see the rear sight fixture is sitting wayyyyyy over to the right....and it still shooting to the right....Maybe my logic is off, but it seems to be if a weapon is missing to the right, you move your sights to the right...am I wrong here?

Overall, for the money, a nice little target pistol...  I can off set the sights and aim about a tad left and usually come close to the bullseye.  Once I get the sights dialed in....it should be lots of fun to shoot with. But first I'll need to figure out how to set the sights properly....

BassManNate

Quote from: foxloner on January 20, 2012, 11:53:07 PM
Hi Guys,

My new 1377 came today, and to be honest I was a bit disappointed in the packaging and the pistol itself. I was hoping it would come in a box, but it was in one of those new vacuum style covers which can be a real hassel to open.  Anyway, my initial impression was a little disappointing.  First the grip was a bit small for my hand, but not by much. Second, I have fired about 20 shots so far, and I have come to the conclusion that the pistol shoots to the right.  After moving my rear sights as far right as I can, its still shooting to the right.  This is somewhat troublesome to me, because when I look down the barrel, I can see the rear sight fixture is sitting wayyyyyy over to the right....and it still shooting to the right....Maybe my logic is off, but it seems to be if a weapon is missing to the right, you move your sights to the right...am I wrong here?

Overall, for the money, a nice little target pistol...  I can off set the sights and aim about a tad left and usually come close to the bullseye.  Once I get the sights dialed in....it should be lots of fun to shoot with. But first I'll need to figure out how to set the sights properly....

Yeah, they come in the plastic clamshell packaging almost everywhere. I got mine in a cardboard box because I bought a re-manufactured one from Crooked Barn.

You're best bet for the grips is to find a custom maker. The grips are pretty easy to replace. The stock sights on just about all the Crosman pistols are crap IMO. That's the main reason so many people upgrade to the steel breech because they can put a variety of sights on those. Wish they would just put the steel breech on them to begin with and charge a little more.

quickster47 †

Make sure the front sight is positioned correctly as it being canted even a little bit will skew your shots.

But if you are not happy with the OEM set up then I suggest getting a Crosman long steel breech and then choosing an appropriate sight set up that you will be happy with.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

JEBert

Foxloaner,
You are correct in the direction you need to move the sights.  If the rear sight is way off to the right and the front sight is not off to the left, take a look at your crown.  The shot should be going pretty much in the direction your barrel is pointed.
The other guys are correct that it needs a steel breech and good sights to reach its potential.  Nice grips that fill the hand are a plus too.
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

Capt. Thomas

I think we all have to admit that the Crosman guns do have a few cheap parts that have been hung on a very solid & time tested frame / design. The plastic breech is unstable, the plastic sight's wobble and are pretty crappy and the crowns are very very hit & miss.

On the other hand I think we all have to be fair and also admit that for a sub $60 gun (a bit less if you look around or find sales), these things are not that bad, are a US product and are 99.9% of the time an easy fix.
If you want a bit better quaility, the CCS guns are $120 or so depending on your build out and in the case of a 13XX even less if you do it your self.

Two options are to just return the gun for an exchange and claim it as a defect. I totally agree with you that any gun out of the box should be fairly accurate for at least 20-30 ft....... no matter how cheap. Crosman Customer service is on of the best I have ever seen! I'm sure they will do you right if the retailer won't help you. Next, spend $150 or more and get a Walther, S&W Webly etc. or even better, a MKI / MKII or a 600!

Any way you go you will be ok with Crosman  :-* Personally, I would pay an extra $10 for a good factory crown and just a bit better factory sights. I would pay and additional $20 for a new gun if it had a steel breech, but then that takes some of my fun out of building these guns. Just MHO?

Capt. Thomas
My prayer to God is a very short one: 'Oh, Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' God has granted it. - Voltaire
Capt. James Thomas

storsy

Adjust the rear sight to the left, to make it aim to left. :-*
Quote.Maybe my logic is off, but it seems to be if a weapon is missing to the right, you move your sights to the right...am I wrong here?
yes.
Moving the rear sight to the right, aims the muzzle further to the right.

Set the rear sight to the middle, if it aims right, adjust rear "v" to the left.
it is ok that we protect animals rights,
But much more important,
We protect our HUMAN rights.....

Scotland-UK