Skenco Gold .177 test

Started by crazyhorse, January 28, 2012, 02:53:09 AM

crazyhorse

Assuming Crosman will just re-brand the Skenco's,I just did a preliminary test from 25 yards using my MAC 1 1377C...(.Pellets just arrived and it was getting dark,so will do more testing tomorrow).
On left bull,I shot (3) JSB Express 7.9. Then loaded and shot (4 )Skenco Gold .177. Two shots hit on target,...and two went low just off paper (see arrows).

I've read where Skenco recomends shooting the Gold pellets at least 900 FPS,so I will get my rifle out tomorrow and try that plus shoot my 2300KT.

T191032

Skenko may recommend shooting them @ 900 fps, but from the various published reviews - Gaylord & Chapman articles being the main ones years back, I've avoided these things.  Gamo's PBA's sucked, that I know for sure (three got stuck in an older 760 I have) and sounded like a .22 out of a Shadow 1000, so I can almost predict that you'll get sonic cracks with this stuff too.

It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

crazyhorse

I also went and read many old reviews and none had anything positive to say about these Skenko's....
Here are my last two groups and this was typical at 25 yards rested from a bench....this pretty much wraps it for me...