• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

front vs. side parallax ???

Started by DBOdude, February 18, 2012, 07:06:49 PM

DBOdude

side parallax looks to require less movement by the user .. but for a paper puncher/plinker i don't really see adjustment something to fiddle with much . i can see a dedicate or frequent hunter wanting side adjustment because less movement it less chance of being seen by prey and less chance of making noise that might be herd by the prey .
but as far as durability , which method of adjusting AO is stronger or less likely to have issues down the road ? or is one as good as the other ?
Everything isn't for Everybody ......

TENDERFOOT

Not really enough info to even try and make a guess are we talking about quality scope or cheep junk. With scopes you for the most part get what you pay for. If you dont need a side A/O Just save some money and buy a quility front A/O But as you said it depends on the intended use. I shoot FT so for me its the side A/O becouse I use it alot for ranging. So a front
A/O would not be for me, they are built to do what they do.It gets down to what you need for what your going to use it for. If I'm eating soup I don't grab a fork even if its metal and will last longer, I would rather use a plastic spoon if those were my choices.
Take Care,
Don

DBOdude

i was posting with the leapers , UTG and center-point scopes in mind . basically the 1 inch vs. 30mm tubes , since the one inch use front bell for AO adjustment and the 30mm use the side turret for AO adjustment .

TENDERFOOT

I got a nikko nighteater with 1 in. Tube side A/O and love it. The others fall into the cheeper quality in my opinion and alot of guys say their made by the same company or at least at the same place. I'm not saying eather is a bad scope, I don't like the thick croshairs on them is my main issue and for what they are seam heavy. But if you need light up optics their you go. But quality of the two or durability is about the same in my opinion. Between side A/O and front A/O.
Take Care,
Don

eric

like don said more folks will use a side wheel AO more for/in competitions and such for reasons you mentioned --- less movement of the gun .just guessing that the front AO would be more dureable .as for what is better is subjective to your needs and a fixed power scope is better as there is less moving parts that could fail
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

DBOdude

thanks folks , seems it's a non-issue  .  :-*