• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Looking for a Steel Breech for 1377

Started by byhsu, February 18, 2012, 09:46:34 PM

byhsu

went to the Crosman website and they are out of stock.  Are there other makers of steel breeches?  the Crosman was $29.99 with bolt,  is it better to get just the breech and the bolt somewhere else to get more performance?  RJmachine, i have emailed them and no answer, also their website is down, who else can you recommend and that is still in business.

Thank You

0351_Vet

http://www.crosman.com/gear/custom/2240SBPK

RJM isn't doing AG business anymore.  :-*

Try Don Cothran, but if you don't like 29.99, you aren't going to like DC pricing.   :-*  < They are the Bomb though
Marauder  .25 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot & Marauder P-Rod
Disco .22 / Leapers 3-12x44mm AO  Mil-Dot / Disco Sleeper Carbine
Katana .22 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot
2260 / CCS 2400KT / 2300KT / 1701 / 1377 / 1322 / EB22 / Benji 132 / Benji 422

<'((((><      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

byhsu

i didn't explain myself clearly.  Is not that I don't like the $29.99 price, but if i were to get that kit that comes with the bolt and later on i need to replace the bolt for another one to increase the power of the gun, then i much rather do that.  I don't know much about the 1377 right now, but i would like to start ordering parts soon, so i can start enjoying the gun.  i went to Cothran's site, but i couldn't see what was included in the breech, or how much it was?  any other makers of steel breeches that are in the USA?

also, what is the riser breech for?  is it better to get the regular or the long breech?  i plan to scope the 1377 with a 3-12x32 scope and make it a carbine.

Thanks

crazyhorse

A riser breech facilitates fitting a barrel shroud. One way around that is the spacer which raises the Crosman long steel breech that Cobra Airguns use to sell.....btw...when did they go out of business..??

breakfastchef

Crosman steel breeches are a good value. You can always swap out a bolt of the same caliber.

If you want other options, check out Cothran Machine Shop, Crooked Barn, BNM Custom Airguns and GMAC Airguns for bolts and accessories.
Larry

byhsu

does the aftermarket bolts really make a difference in the power, or is it for looks?

Thank You

DBOdude

is it possible to get GMAC parts in the states ?
if so , how ? and what the currency exchange rate ?
Everything isn't for Everybody ......

BerkshireHunter

Quote from: byhsu on February 18, 2012, 11:15:14 PM
does the aftermarket bolts really make a difference in the power, or is it for looks?

Thank You
From the posts I've read, the flow through bolts and long probes only seem to add maybe 10fps. But, while, they may not add much power, they seem to seat the pellet farther for better consistency and accuracy.  ???

The crosman beeches are pretty good, and you can always change the bolt out later if you dont like it. Heck, you can even change calibers with a different bolt. 

mcc1961

Quote from: byhsu on February 18, 2012, 11:15:14 PM

Thank You
I have a flow thru bolt on my 2300T and it is a very accurate shooting gun ,but as far as power goes I don't have a chrono.
Airforce Condor .25
1377 modded with 24"barrel
Daisy 880

screwwork

Quote from: Booty Monster on February 18, 2012, 11:39:53 PM
is it possible to get GMAC parts in the states ?
if so , how ? and what the currency exchange rate ?

Booty Monster,

Go to the GMAC website and just order the parts and select your shipping method.
GMAC takes care of the customs stuff for you. :-*

1.00 CAD =1.00326 USD exchange rate.
5 days to get shipped to California, Standard Airmail to the USA and Rest of World.
Shipping charges    £2.30