• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

American Classic?

Started by sandpiper, March 01, 2012, 03:07:35 PM

sandpiper

Received my 1322 from AGD today. Although I'm quite happy with it I have to admit I thought I was getting away with one. In reading past posts I saw that Crosman wasn't making the American Classic anymore and it was now labeled as "pumpmaster".  The AGD site shows an American Classic as what you are purchasing.

http://www.airgundepot.com/crosman-1322-air-pistol-black.html

arkmaker †

I was at Academy Sports a few weeks ago and they had a half dozen or so "American Classic" 1377's on the shelf. Maybe the rumors were false and it is only the PumpMaster is being sold by Wallyworld. They also have the C11 relabeled as the Phantom P10,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Side note:
Marketing department at WW has some real power. I saw a documentary on them. People bend over and kiss their own butts to get on the WW shelves. It is all about volume and WW can move product faster than anyone else in the retail business. Still love Snapper, as they told them to stick it when WW told them they would have to move manufacturing to China in order to get the costs low enough to sell their lawnmowers.  :-*  BTW: the 1377 at Academy is running a couple of buck LESS that the Pumpmaster at WW....go figure!

Ark
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

joe k

i just noticed the one i bought a couple months ago brown plastic is american classic the one i got
about two weeks ago black one is a pumpmaster got them from amazon.
joe

arkmaker †

That blows my WW theory  :-[

Quote from: joe k on March 01, 2012, 03:35:00 PM
i just noticed the one i bought a couple months ago brown plastic is american classic the one i got
about two weeks ago black one is a pumpmaster got them from amazon.
joe

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

Crosshairs

I think the pumpmaster is sold at walmart only.
                                  Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

BassManNate

I've got a remanufactured one I got from CrookedBarn that says Pumpmaster. Of course, it's remanufactured so who knows where it came from initially.

sandpiper

Quote from: Crosshairs on March 01, 2012, 05:15:05 PM
I think the pumpmaster is sold at walmart only.
                                  Mike

Mine came from air gun depot and although the package says pumpmaster on the back the pistol only reads "Crosman" with ".22" in super small numbers along with all the warnings. 

AZAG

On the Cman website the 1377C is still called "American Classic Pump Pistol"

arkmaker †

Quote from: sandpiper on March 01, 2012, 06:41:29 PM
reads "Crosman" with ".22" in super small numbers along with all the warnings.

Now that is Old Skool stuff. Just what my 1955 114 says!!! I'd say that is a keeper, for sure!! Bet some 80 something in the stamping department had a senior moment  ;D

Capt. Thomas

WW can stick it........ I think we should tax the import stuff the same as they tax our products. You do know that the import tax of a US product to Japan, China and the other countries STARTS at 100% and goes up from there...... didn't you? Hmmmm NAFTA and the other "Free Trade Agreements" what BS  :(

I wonder what China would say if we followed THEIR import tarrif's. I bet we would have a lot more employeed Americans and owe China a LOT LESS  ???

Capt. Thomas
My prayer to God is a very short one: 'Oh, Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' God has granted it. - Voltaire
Capt. James Thomas

Crosshairs

Im not a big fan of WW and dont shop there i did get a M417 there and a pumpmaster but it was for my collection. In any case they are all made by Crosman i think lol at least that what it says on the tube.  :-*
                                             Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Marius.D

Just bought a new 1322 from Pyramid.  It says PumpMaster Classic on the package.

sandpiper

Quote from: Marius.D on March 03, 2012, 12:36:27 AM
Just bought a new 1322 from Pyramid.  It says PumpMaster Classic on the package.

Does it say pumpmaster on the pistol as well?

joe k

mine was advertised as a american classic on amazon gun reads pump master oh well.
joe

sandpiper

Quote from: joe k on March 03, 2012, 01:45:42 AM
mine was advertised as a american classic on amazon gun reads pump master oh well.
joe

At least yours says something, mine just reads crosman and .22 in really small letters. I was looking forward to praticing my lettering skills as was discussed in another post.

I took this pic through a magnifier.