• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

2300kt custom vs 2240

Started by Speakersrulemyworld, March 04, 2012, 07:37:19 PM

Speakersrulemyworld

im a complete noob when it comes to this stuff so i decided to ask you guys.  im looking to get a pretty sick co2 powered gun and i had come across the crosman 2240 pellet gun with i think is very cool.  upon further investigation, i realized that you can actually mod these things and make them look ridiculously sick. tactical all the way!!  i definitely want to put a longer barrel and a scope on my gun plus some other things too.  after realizing i could customize my own gun i started to do some research and came across the crosman custom shop where you can customize a 2300kt.  i can pick out a scope and a longer barrel plus a longer breech and a trigger shoe (all which i want) for 145 dollars.  my big question is that is it easier and cheaper to customize my own 2240 or buy the 2300kt and add more parts.  I would REALLY like a muzzle brake/muzzle brake like Paris D's (which i would probably make myself on the CNC lathe/mill).  another question i have is that will 2240 custom parts fit on the 2300kt?  if not where can i get parts for the 2300kt???

I suspect that many of us who post on this board have faced the problem you posed at one time or another.  Like many here I have built Crosman pistols 'from scratch,' as well as building CCS (Crosman Custom Shop) guns.  My suggestion, to anyone in your position, is to build a CCS gun first, then modify it from there.  You will save some money while getting a product that has a generous warranty. (Lifetime warranty= $10 extra.)

Good Luck!

JEBert

641 is correct, also, any 2240 parts and many 22 xx and 13XX parts will fit the 2300KT.
Cheers,
Jerry
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

Speakersrulemyworld