1st pistol 1st post

Started by Berlin II, March 08, 2012, 06:23:33 AM

Berlin II

Hi I just received my 2300kt today from the custom shop. I ordered the 10.1 L W barrel, maple grips, silver brake, and red trigger shoe. All I can say is WOW I'm impressed after mounting a scope, cleaning the barrel and using one co2 to adjust the trigger and scope (trigger is a bit rough) next cart at 18 yards I was shooting as good or better than my rws350 riffle I shoot almost every day! I shot 8 groups of 5 shots and 6 of the 8 were easy smaller than a dime. I didn't know if the Loather barrel would be worth it but I'd say oh yeah. Now to up the power a bit I know I gave up a lot with the 177 I'm hoping to ad 30-50 more fps? Any suggestions. I was to worked up to mess with pics will post tomorrow

mcc1961

I have a 2300T and have a Disco hammer spring and power adjuster.I also have a Cothran trigger and clipped a coil off the trigger spring and polished the sear.If you decide to clip the trigger spring don't clip but one coil at a time because the bolt will not catch but you can adjust some with the brass tensioner if you don't clip too much.I just had the standard barrel so I put a 12" barrel on it with a 4.5" delrin muzzle brake and it shoots great!!
Airforce Condor .25
1377 modded with 24"barrel
Daisy 880

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

Crosshairs

Great choice i have the same gun and im happy i spent the extra loot on the LW barrel good luck with yours and shoot safe. Just wait untill you shoot it at 20 yards.  :-*
                                                         Mike   8)
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

breakfastchef

You own a fine pistol. Great choice!
Larry

Berlin II

Thank you. How far can I shoot with this gun? Btw yesterday was my wife's birthday so I didn't have much time to mess with my new toy she came down to the basement and I
Talked her into taking a few shots (never shot b4) she put 2 dead center and one wide 1/4" rt put it down and said way too easy.

farrlarr

Welcome to the group.   :-*

You got a nice gun, now you have the fun of finding out how far it will shoot for you.  Also, as you probably know, accuracy will depend a lot on the pellets you use, and you will have to determine which your gun likes.  My custom 2240 likes H&N Sport Match Pistol wadcutters but they may not work well in your gun. 
Larry in Idaho

"A man's got to know his limitations."

Berlin II

Mine likes.  So far the rws super mag 9.3gr very tight I think I will stay with them I like rws pellets they're clean

T191032

"the rws super mag 9.3gr very tight"

Yea, those heavy wadcutter pellets can make for some tight groups on target.  :-*  Glad you're enjoying your new Crosman Pistol.
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.