• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Crosman 2240 safety catch spring

Started by lnetherwood, March 11, 2012, 05:44:15 PM

lnetherwood

Hi,
I have lost the safety catch spring. I have seen that a Bic cigarette lighter spring can be utilised. Does this need to be shortened and does anyone know the correct length of the original spring. Hope somone can please help.
Regards,
Les Netherwood.  U.K.
When you get to the end of your tether, tie a knot in it !

1377x

cut it sticks out of the frame a small bit 2-5 coils
if that is to short make a longer one
if to long make it shorter
closed mouths dont get fed

NorthStaR

If you take the trigger frame off of the tube, the spring normally sits high about 2mm out of the trigger frame.

It should compress into the hole when the frame is reattached.

As long as it provides enough tension to give the ball bearing a bit off pressure against the safety bar it should work.

If you do cut it short you can stretch it back a bit.

(BTW taking the trigger frame off is a much easier way of reinstalling the ball and spring and a less likely way of losing it. Not saying you did!
My brother tried for about an hour to balance the ball and spring to have it fly out when the trigger cover went back on. Hilarious...  ;D  )
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

lnetherwood

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. Hilarious it certainly was , I had ball bearings flying all over the place! I am new to the Crosman, but now a lot wiser and all the available upgrades are great.
Regards,
Les.  U.K.
When you get to the end of your tether, tie a knot in it !

cheewee

trust me you will only do it once and then you will learn :)
as was told to me super gluing the spring to the ball sure helps
jeff

people take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness.
just because they are not on your road doesnt mean there lost.