• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Anyone use the Destroyer EX pellet?

Started by Coyotehunter2011, March 18, 2012, 02:24:44 AM

Coyotehunter2011

I just picked up a pack of these pellets today and am impressed with the look of them. The only downside is with 10 pumps i couldnt get them to penetrate a mountain dew bottle. I know a bottle is different than actual bird feathers because it rebounds, but still i wasn't to impressed with the penetration. Do you guys think that this pellet will still work well on starlings?

joe k

i don't use them for hunting use them for target shooting i would try some thing different for hunting.
joe

1377x

they work on starlings
i use them to dispatch squirrels at 10-25yds
at what distance was you shooting the dew bottle?what gun was used?
closed mouths dont get fed

Coyotehunter2011

I was only about 10 yards away and i was using my 1377. I figured they would still be ok for starling but i wanted to make sure.

1377x

crazy!
my stock 1377 would shoot those pellets into a 2-liter bottle at 10yds
with the first extra $30 you get contact mellonair for a flat top set up
then you wont have to worry about not enough power or you can pump more than 10x as long as you oil the piston no problems should occur

Coyotehunter2011

I am planing on getting a flat top when i get the chance, What is the average FPS gain with the FT?

mcc1961

I have had people tell me 100 fps gain and you can get another 100 with a 24" barrel.
Airforce Condor .25
1377 modded with 24"barrel
Daisy 880

JMJinNC

I've used the original Destroyers (7.9 grain) and the Destroyer EXs (7.4 grain).  The originals work great and the EXs are okay with enough velocity. Decent stopping power due to the shape. I'm using a modded 24" barrel  1377 carbine so velocity isn't a problem.

JMJ

John

1377x

Quote from: mcc1961 on March 18, 2012, 03:32:07 AM
I have had people tell me 100 fps gain and you can get another 100 with a 24" barrel.

thats what i experienced with that addition

Coyotehunter2011

Wow i didn't realize i could add 200 fps with those 2 upgrades. I know what i will be ordering on payday lol.

seagullplayer

I use the destroyer EX,s in my stock 1377.  They bust up a tin can pretty good (in and out at 15 ft).  I think they are less likely to bounce off something.  I use the pointed hunting pellets in my rifle, but I like the destroyers better in the pistol.

If you can't blow through a plastic mountain dew bottle at 15ft with a stock 1377, you might need to oil it.  Unless it is just worn out.   ???
I plan to rebuild mine as a flat top, but I think/hope I'm a few 1000 shots from needing to rebuild...  :-*
Crosman 1377 scope, laser, tactical light
Crosman 1322
Crosman 600
Crosman storm XL
Benjamin  titan 22
Daisy 15XT
Beeman P17
Crosman Trail NP Pistol
WRS 350 .177

Martin, Harley, Goldwing and Cub Cadet, ya I'm like that...