• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Marauder vs 1322

Started by kb5zcr, March 19, 2012, 02:55:53 AM

kb5zcr

Hi, I noticed that the new Marauder on the crosman site will shoot up to 700 fps.
Im wondering if the real difference between the marauder in fps and a 1322 is the larger air tube allowing more air capacity. Maybe it's just that you can pressureize the marauder so much higher than you ever could with a hand pump gun.
I should say that although I have been carrying a gun at work for 23 years, I am pretty new to this whole airgun world.
Thanks for the experts here.

0351_Vet

Marauder  .25 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot & Marauder P-Rod
Disco .22 / Leapers 3-12x44mm AO  Mil-Dot / Disco Sleeper Carbine
Katana .22 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot
2260 / CCS 2400KT / 2300KT / 1701 / 1377 / 1322 / EB22 / Benji 132 / Benji 422

<'((((><      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

1377x

in my opinion they both can do 700fps
the maruader is designed to do it
the 1322 has to be modded to do it.
the 1322 is a pistol while the Marauder is a rifle
you are talking about the Marauder right? or are you talking about the Marauder pistol?
closed mouths dont get fed

Alrauder

At first glance I thought that he was referring to the pistol (P-rod), as the rifle (M-rod) would propel any normal .22 pellet at much more than 700fps, surely...!!!

It's arguable that the out of the box P-rod might push 700fps with some much lighter pellets, maybe less than 14gr. I'd believe it would get around the 600 - 650'ish fps with midweight .22 pellets approx 16 - 18gr and most likely about 550 fps with baracudas @ approx 21gr - on average...!!!

It would be more accurate and far better to work out velocity based on the energy that the P-rod is capable of, which is around 14 ft-lb at the muzzle, which is pretty hefty for any air pistol. Of course, these velocities would be suitable as a guide only, not necessarily gospel...

One thing is a dead certainty with all P-rod owners - We're all wide-eyed and drop-jawed at the power and capbility of this pistol...

crossliner

Quote from: kb5zcr on March 19, 2012, 02:55:53 AM
Hi, I noticed that the new Marauder on the crosman site will shoot up to 700 fps.
Im wondering if the real difference between the marauder in fps and a 1322 is the larger air tube allowing more air capacity. Maybe it's just that you can pressureize the marauder so much higher than you ever could with a hand pump gun.
I should say that although I have been carrying a gun at work for 23 years, I am pretty new to this whole airgun world.
Thanks for the experts here.

Mr. KB5 I would surmise is pertaining to the Marauder pistol in .177. He said "new"  :)

http://www.crosman.com/airguns/pistols/1720T

0351_Vet

Quote from: crossliner on March 19, 2012, 11:57:25 AM
Mr. KB5 I would surmise is pertaining to the Marauder pistol in .177. He said "new"  :)

http://www.crosman.com/airguns/pistols/1720T

the 1720T isn't a P-Rod..... :-*

And may he can sound off as to what he was asking. Why would he be comparing a 1322 to a .177?  :-*
Marauder  .25 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot & Marauder P-Rod
Disco .22 / Leapers 3-12x44mm AO  Mil-Dot / Disco Sleeper Carbine
Katana .22 / CP 4-16x56mm AO Mil-Dot
2260 / CCS 2400KT / 2300KT / 1701 / 1377 / 1322 / EB22 / Benji 132 / Benji 422

<'((((><      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

kb5zcr

Hi, Tim (the OP) here.
I was actually referring to the gun in the link below.
Marauder PCP Air Pistol (.22 cal)
http://www.crosman.com/airguns/pistols/BP2220

The crosman site says that this is a pistol, I am not up on all the different models so I may be confusing the nomenclature.

Can one modify a 1322 to shoot at the same power level as the above gun?

Thanks, Tim

1377x

Quote from: kb5zcr on March 20, 2012, 01:35:33 AM
Hi, Tim (the OP) here.
I was actually referring to the gun in the link below.
Marauder PCP Air Pistol (.22 cal)
http://www.crosman.com/airguns/pistols/BP2220

The crosman site says that this is a pistol, I am not up on all the different models so I may be confusing the nomenclature.

Can one modify a 1322 to shoot at the same power level as the above gun?

Thanks, Tim

imo
it would be kind of hard with a 12" barrel on a 1322
with a longer barrel it is possible
let me ask the forum
those of you with stock p-rod numbers can you please post them????

eric

don't own one but numbers i have seen have been in the 600 range . a 1322 can match those #s but things would need to be changed . longer barrel ,different piston ,valve depending on piston choice, probe .
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

1377x

Quote from: eric on March 20, 2012, 11:44:36 AM
don't own one but numbers i have seen have been in the 600 range . a 1322 can match those #s but things would need to be changed . longer barrel ,different piston ,valve depending on piston choice, probe .
well if the p-rod is shooting 600's then a 12" 1322 matching numbers is possible with the said mods and many pumps

Alrauder

Once again, it's better to work out your velocities based on the energy output which each pistol is capable of... The P-rod is able to yield about 14 ft-lb, standard out of the box,, so divide that back with the weight of each pellet to get initial velocity. This way there is no if, but, or maybe when comparing different models... If your other models are NOT capable of similar energy ouptputs, then there's no way in heck you'll get the same velocities. It's as simple as that...

Some replies state e.g,, "I get 650 fps out of mine", while this might be true, you have to ask "what pellet is used?".

If you fire a 14.3gr Superdome at 650 fps, you get about 13.4 ft-lb at the muzzle (more than likely true), however if you fire 21gr Baracudas at 650, you'll get about 19.7 ft-lb (not possible from a standard P-rod)...

If you fire 14.3gr's at 550 fps, you get about 9.6 ft-lb (not likely - too low). If you fire 21gr at 550fps, you get about 14.1 ft-lb (quite likely).

You can see how velocities from 550 to 650fps can be accurately quoted and completely within the scope of the P-rod, but only in direct relationship to the different pellet weights used. You can also see how the quoted velocites can be deceiving and make you look like a monkey when you sling them about loosely...

Quoted velocities mean nothing without pellet weights... That's why I like quoted energy output as these are less likely to vary by much, rather than those "abused" quoted factory velocities...

quickster47 †

As mentioned, it really depends on the pellet you are using as to what numbers you get.  Use an alloy pellet and you can exceed those published numbers but you won't really have any stopping power.  But if you are only interested in punching paper it won't make much difference.  FPE numbers are more akin to real world dealings.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

1377x

my 13xx plain jane .22 would shoot 21.1gr beeman kodiaks at 660+fps for a yield of 20+fpe
but when it was box stock it would push a 7.9gr pellet at 525fps @8 pumps for a yield of  4.8+fpe
thats pretty good in my book