• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Seeing two diagonal dots in my red / green dot scope...

Started by bradpsu, March 19, 2012, 10:07:32 PM

bradpsu

Hey guys...

I just received a nice UTG 30 mm red / green dot scope for my 2240 last week.  I think I already know the answer to this from some online research but....when the scope is on and when I look through it one eye or two I'm seeing two dots in both red and green mode.  They are like a colon (:) but on a slight angle.  I'm assuming this is a defect.  Anyone else have a similar issue? 

eric

TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

NorthStaR

Some dots show ghosts if either too bright (in which case a lower settings seems to cure it)
or a cheap/faulty or as Eric said, LOL, back to front.

Lastly, are your eyes OK? 20-20...no damage. (Nothing personal, just a thought!)  :)
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

1377x

Quote from: eric on March 19, 2012, 10:27:03 PM
need to ask if you looking thru it backwards
x2
try looking through the other end
closed mouths dont get fed

bradpsu

I'm 20/20 with glasses or contacts but apparently I'm an idiot when it comes to red dots...this is my first.  Looks as if I was looking in the wrong end!  Had assumed the larger opening would be for facing the shooter for ease of viewing....apparently not!  Boy do I feel dumb!  Thanks! 

woody67

Hahahaha... if it had been magnified you would have definitely figured it out right away!

;D

sandpiper

That's OK, I picked up a scope at the gun store and complained it was hard to see anything. The guy behind the counter said "you might want to turn that around". Duh .....

1377x

Quote from: bradpsu on March 19, 2012, 11:00:51 PM
I'm 20/20 with glasses or contacts but apparently I'm an idiot when it comes to red dots...this is my first.  Looks as if I was looking in the wrong end!  Had assumed the larger opening would be for facing the shooter for ease of viewing....apparently not!  Boy do I feel dumb!  Thanks! 
no your good its your first red dot mistakes happen
glad you got it sorted
closed mouths dont get fed

bradpsu

Thanks everyone...hope you had a good laugh...I did. 

NorthStaR

Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

bradpsu

The thing that made it "fun" was the flip up lens caps....had they not been on the scope upon arrival I suppose I would not have had to reveal my ignorance.  Oh well,  live and learn! 

eric

TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

Crosshairs

Why do you think everyone new to turn it around, because we all did the same thing at one time or another.  ;D
                                                Mike  8)
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!