• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

I shot a cap again.

Started by Sardine, March 21, 2012, 03:49:30 AM

Sardine

This time i found some old style roll caps. The plastic caps aren't worth the time messing with them, neither are the roll caps. You can't hear the bang because the impact and noise from the gun overpowers it. Sometimes I can see a spark downrange. Don't bother with this. Another thing that doesn't work is the led light sytem from home depot for the Chrony chronograph. See you tube for that. Two didn't work for indoor use like they said so I went back & got 2 more. It still don't work. I bought the light system Chrony sells us & it kinda sorta works.

sandpiper

Quote from: Sardine on March 21, 2012, 03:49:30 AM
This time i found some old style roll caps. The plastic caps aren't worth the time messing with them, neither are the roll caps. You can't hear the bang because the impact and noise from the gun overpowers it. Sometimes I can see a spark downrange. Don't bother with this. Another thing that doesn't work is the led light sytem from home depot for the Chrony chronograph. See you tube for that. Two didn't work for indoor use like they said so I went back & got 2 more. It still don't work. I bought the light system Chrony sells us & it kinda sorta works.

Have you tried putting a few caps together? I wonder if that would make a difference?

I don't have a chrony yet so I'm not familiar with the need for lights. I asume you're referring to this vid? [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMW8h-UPuww#]Chrony?Inexpensive Alternate Lights for Indoor Low Light Shooting?F1 Chronograph[/url]

quickster47 †

What does work well for down range excitement is finding some of the original strike-anywhere kitchen matches, those with the sulfur tip on the head.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

mcc1961

I have shot the wooden matches,never had one to light but I could smell the sulfur after hitting one on the point.
Airforce Condor .25
1377 modded with 24"barrel
Daisy 880

Sardine

Thanks for the tip on putting 2 caps together. The wooden strike anywhere matches sounds about right to me. Don't work either. I used to shoot those out of the daisy bb guns & they would llight up when they hit the telephone pole or whatever. I think I will stick to suspending glass bottles over a garbage can for big fun. I may try shooting a depleted shotgun hull filled with flour someday but I don't see how I can beat the ol' glass shattering. The wife likes it too. How can you beat that?

1377x

im using 2 40watt frosted light bulbs over each sensor for indoor use.the only error i get now is when i miss a sensor i can see it in the backstop when i miss
see this thread
http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php?topic=514.0

heres my $5 light set up ugly but functional

closed mouths dont get fed

Colt25