• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Glasses and scopes

Started by BassManNate, March 21, 2012, 02:15:34 PM

BassManNate

I know I'm supposed to wear my glasses to get the correct focus when using a scope, but I'm having issues with the top rim of my frames CONSTANTLY getting in the way and making it nearly impossible to aim without adjusting them every shot. Anyone who wears glasses have any tips?

crossliner

I am bespectacled myself Mr. BMN as I am myopic but I tilt my head downwards to free my right eye from my eyewear lens when peering thru a scope. I find it much clearer.

quickster47 †

Even though I do use my glasses for reading small stuff, I do not use them with my scopes and adjust the objective and eyepiece to make everything focus.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

arkmaker †

New to scopes, but have worn glasses for 45 years. I guess I really never thought about it as I have had no problems with the scopes other than pushing my specs up on my nose from time to time. Now open and peep sites are another issue. I have a tough time focusing front, rear and target. New glasses will adorn my head this afternoon so hopefully this will help. Will read this thread with interest as it grows.
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

mcc1961

I wear glasses but take them off when i am practicing ,but when i am hunting i leave them on because i can not see far away very good.
Airforce Condor .25
1377 modded with 24"barrel
Daisy 880

arkmaker †

Guess what? I got my new specs and I still am a sucky shot!  ;D
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

KevinP

Quote from: arkmaker on March 21, 2012, 06:40:03 PM
Guess what? I got my new specs and I still am a sucky shot!  ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D
Kevin
Albany, New York

Crosshairs

I wear glasses and dont have a problem at all useing a scope.
                                Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Red Harris

I take my glasses off for open and Peep sights because my Progressive lenses will not allow me to focus on the Target and the front/rear sight at the same time. With a scope, I can wear my glasses without a problem, although its just as easy to use the scope sans glasses......