• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Pistol Scope and Recoil....

Started by Red Harris, March 24, 2012, 02:34:13 AM

Red Harris

If I purchase a pistol scope for my 1377,,,,,I don't have to worry about damaging the scope from recoil, like from a big springer air gun, right?

So I dont have to buy a Scope thats specially designed for Air Guns, right?

1377x

nope! its fine
pump softly but i dont think it matters
i just bought a no name scope im going to put through the test
closed mouths dont get fed

Red Harris

The whole idea of a Pistol scope is that there is a much longer Eye Relief, as compared to rifle scopes,,,,Right?

1377x

Quote from: Red Harris on March 24, 2012, 02:51:16 AM
The whole idea of a Pistol scope is that there is a much longer Eye Relief, as compared to rifle scopes,,,,Right?
yep!

Red Harris

OK.....A little  help here Please.....

I am shooting in my Back yard,,,,20 meters Max distance., 10 meters more often.

If I want to shoot my 1377 free hand (not using any rest),,,,,I suspect I need a low magnification scope, like 2x or 4x maximum.
I think that the larger magnification scopes might be a lot more susceptable to Jitter (my hands are not that steady).

I am thinking something like THIS http://www.opticsplanet.net/ncstar-pistol-long-eye-relief-scope-2x20-pistol-scope-blue-ring-spb220b.html is about what I need.... OR,,,,,maybe THIS http://www.opticsplanet.net/ncstar-pistol-long-eye-relief-scope-4x32-pistol-scope-blue-ring-spb432b.html

What do You Guys  use?

AZAG

Either of those will be fine.

I have used a Simmons 2x20.

Now I'm using a Wather Red Dot.  For 20m max you might try a RD.  It will be lighter and easier to hold steady.

1377x

red dot is good, but you have to know how to use it.if you move the gun around the dot will change.i find the spot where the dot is brightest and use that for sight inand shooting.in the day light my dots are pin points at any brightness setting.i can see the pellet hit the dot.i use a tasco pdp3 or tasco rd30 the rd30 has a lot of parallax error
i have only used 4x32 out to 30yds
having an ao or 30yd parallax scope helps too
havent tried a pistol scope more steady using the taco hold
having your arms in a nice triangle helps a lot