• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Did my first trigger job

Started by Red Harris, March 28, 2012, 07:52:39 AM

Red Harris

Disassembled and polished the trigger, sear and pins in my 1377.
I also shimmed the trigger and sear. When I was done, the trigger felt
better, but was still Way to stiff. Got home and found a lighter spring for the Sear.
The gun shoots MUCH better now,,,,,BUT I think the trigger pull may be a bit too light for safety.
The gun passes the "Bump Test" and I cannot get it to discharge prematurely, but I'm a little
uncomfortable with how light it feels.
What do You Guys use to replace the Sear Spring? Or do you just cut it a bit?

On a side note: The trigger polished up nicely. However, the Sear is the Ugliest/Roughest piece
of Stamped steel that I have ever seen. I had to take a Carbide dremel bit to the section
where the trigger rolls against the sear, as the steel looked like it was TORN.....
The Pins were pretty Ugly too. Its  no wonder the trigger action felt like Gravel... :-X

1377x

good job!
have you pulled the 17oz trigger of a fwb 80?
i thought my p-rod grip frame trigger group was light until i tried the fwb 80.so smooth and light if you blew a kiss at it it would fire.im just being dramatic even so 17oz is very light and scary
try adding a p-rod gf/tg to your gun you will never look back at the old stock crosman pistol grip frames
closed mouths dont get fed

Red Harris

Quote from: 1377x on March 28, 2012, 08:12:04 AM
good job!
try adding a p-rod gf/tg to your gun you will never look back at the old stock crosman pistol grip frames

Thanks 1377!
I had Fun messing around in the gun. I have a Steel Breech coming in the Mail,,,,and I think I will add a Flat Top Pump kit next......
When my 2230 arrives in the Mail, the P-Rod gf/tg will be my first mod. Ive looked at all the trigger alternatives and that seems like the Best way to go.......

1377x

Quote from: Red Harris on March 28, 2012, 08:27:58 AM
Thanks 1377!
I had Fun messing around in the gun. I have a Steel Breech coming in the Mail,,,,and I think I will add a Flat Top Pump kit next......
When my 2230 arrives in the Mail, the P-Rod gf/tg will be my first mod. Ive looked at all the trigger alternatives and that seems like the Best way to go.......
thats cool.fun is what this is about!!!
once you go p-rod gf/tg there is no turing back.imo its the best mod one can do
it shocked the hell out of my local air gunsmith.one of the reasons he had me shoot the fwb 80

Crosshairs

Hey Red thats the norm for the sear there all like that but i sounds like you did a great job nothing like a smooth light trigger.  :-*
                                                   Mike  8)
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

storsy

I just cut a little bit off the spring, and set the pull strength
using 2 or 3 washers below the spring, with a slim cigarette
filter inside the spring as a guide, not exactly quality engineering.
Seems to work ok.
Also added a washer either side of the trigger
pivot, cutting out the wobble.
it is ok that we protect animals rights,
But much more important,
We protect our HUMAN rights.....

Scotland-UK

Red Harris

Ya Know....
I thought at first that my new trigger pull was too Light.
I think that is because I was so used to the Heavy/Stock trigger.
I shot the gun at 10 meters today after work and got some of the Best groups I have ever gotten.
So, Now I'm thinkin' its Just Right  :-\

My Steel Breech came in today Too,,,,so I'm  a Happy Camper!

SaiCo

I'll have to keep that marauder pistol grip/trigger frame switch in mind for a future project. Do you have part numbers and/or prices?
Switcheroo sounds easier than disassembly and polishing of parts.
Warning labels thwart the purpose of Natural Selection

1377x

Quote from: SaiCo on March 29, 2012, 07:29:43 PM
I'll have to keep that marauder pistol grip/trigger frame switch in mind for a future project. Do you have part numbers and/or prices?
Switcheroo sounds easier than disassembly and polishing of parts.
iirc the numbers are in quicksters 13xx p-rod grip frame adaptation thread