• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

How did you first get hooked?

Started by bradpsu, March 29, 2012, 11:51:42 PM

bradpsu

I'm sure this has been discussed on here repeatedly but being relatively new here I haven't read a thread about "what caused you to buy your first Crosman". 

For me it was the breakdown of an old but very nice BSA 22 cal break barrel rifle.  Had a lot of fun with that gun as a kid and still have it!  It gave up the ghost though (maybe) and I wanted to replace it.  At first I looked at break barrel rifles again but realizing I was having issues with some outdoor vermin I thought a pistol was in order.  After some research I was drawn to the 2240 because it was a solid shooter and also easily modified.  Of course that was the "money trap"!  But that's already being discussed in another thread! 

Share your stories please....

1377x

i didnt buy my first crosman
what got me hooked was this forum
i have a phase 2 1377 that was passed down to me.
after running a search on google i came across the forum signed up and found out that these guns can be modded
new gear,more power i was hooked
the phase 2 1377 lead to many many more crosmans.all of them were modded except the 357 it was too loud for me so it found a new owner
made a couple of custom crosmans,well i guess once you start modding them they all become custom
these were different tube was shortened on my disco pistol it was before the p-rod existed and havd a lot more power 38fpe-50+fpe. i have a LS2289 that started life as a 1400 now it has more power and abilities it couldnt have as a 1400.
closed mouths dont get fed

bradpsu

I should have left out "buy", how did you come to own your 1st Crosman???  Anyway.....thanks for the story!   

breakfastchef

I won a PC77 from Airgundepot, found this forum (just like 1377x) and the rest is history.
Larry

bradpsu

This forum is a great source of knowledge, no doubt about that...it also feeds the addiction!  Glad I found it....

1377x

not only the knowlege base but the help
nothing better than great ptp(peer to peer)help.sometimes it leads to heated debates but none the less you still get help here.
i believe thats the best part of this forum
closed mouths dont get fed

bradpsu

Alrauder

Back in about the late 70's I bought the first Crosman CO2 pistol, the old western type 6 shooter in .22 cal. Loved the look and feel but hated the pffffft that I used to get all the time when a pellet lodged in the barrel and the CO2 was getting low. Thank heavens a steel rod came with the gun so I could clear that barrel. Gave that pistol away in the end... Bought a Colt Python type some years later and a Dirty Harry even later and had similar experiences and swore I'd never have another CO2 pistol again. At this point (mid 80's by then), I thought that Crosman just didn't make any airguns that I could like... Ahhhh,, but that was until I first saw the Marauder (P-rod), which changed my mind INSTANTLY - October last year,, 2011... After watching just one or two You-Tube video's of it, I just knew I had to have one of these. At last me 'n' Crosman/Benjamin have found common ground...

You see, because of the earlier CO2 pistols, I kind of switched off gas type pistols altogether and purely missed out on all the newer models that happened along since the mid 80's. Now I realize that there are quite a few I could have had fun with. The P-rod though has more than made up for lost ground. It really is the best thing since sliced bread as far as air pistols are concerned - for me...!!!

seagullplayer

I stumbled into the airgun section a WW a few weeks ago.  I went home and did a little research, found this forum and heard great things about 1377...
Crosman 1377 scope, laser, tactical light
Crosman 1322
Crosman 600
Crosman storm XL
Benjamin  titan 22
Daisy 15XT
Beeman P17
Crosman Trail NP Pistol
WRS 350 .177

Martin, Harley, Goldwing and Cub Cadet, ya I'm like that...

Beagleman

My dad had an old crosman 2200 magnum rifle that hadn't been touched in years. Started shooting that, than a crosman 1077 then a crosman phantom, a Gamo shadow express air shotgun, and finally, a crosman 2400kt.
***Crosman 1377***Crosman 2400kt***.......***Crosman 2200 magnum***.......***Crosman Phantom***.......***Crosman 1077***.......***Gamo Shadow Express***.......***An Old Chinese gun (I dont know the model)***.

Noah

I got the bug a few years ago while visiting my Dad's crib in the country and amongst the powder burners, he had a .177 pellet rifle he got for $20 at some auction. I happened to have a high-speed camera and tried to capture the penetration of a pellet nailing a water bottle (it didn't work - too fast at 600 fps) and seeing if it would go through my slippers (???). We gave that same rifle to a friend who needed it to bust a street lamp. So, if you are sick of me being around here and asking newbie questions right-and-left, blame my dear old Dad. Good times  ;)

I have since moved on to custom 1325s and 2540s along with a few odd-balls and my beloved SC (named Carla) made by our very own Quickster.

Good, clean fun I enjoy almost more than anything  :)
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

NorthStaR

I was looking at airguns in general. Just randomly searching as you do. I've always liked and always had
a small miscellaneous collection of airguns like a Umarex CPS Sport, Colt 1911, an old BSA rifle...this has grown
considerably since Crosmans entered the equation.

Anywho...I stumbled across some tricked out bling from out-of-space. That was it. I had to get one.

It was a 1377.

Could I find one? No. I gave up after a few shops not being too savvy. Got laughed out of one.

Months past....

Boxing day, a new shop had opened in town the father in law said. They were closed but someone was in there.
He buzzed us in. And when I left I had a brand new 2250b. That was my first Crosman. How cool is that?!

I have since had a lot more Crosmans including a couple of 1377 pistols.

For the record my addiction is the result of one creation and he is a member here (or was?).
I blame Zoned.   It was his creation that started it...   8)

There's many more names/members to add to that list since joining here.  :D ;D ;D ;D
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

Melvin

I bought a marauder.  Then a Disco.  The Disco is what really got me hooked.  Now I spend most my free time tinkering with air guns.  Thanks Crosman!

arkmaker †

I stumbled into this forum all innocent and sweet and then like a heroin pusher, one of the guys sent me a freebie item. I liked it so much, I was off to the modding party and never looked back! "Damn the Pusher Man"! - Steppinwolf

Rich
just remember to keep your sense of humor though it all!! even if it is the 16th time you have taken the gun apart trying to get it perfect  ;D
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

bradpsu

Some great stories here...thanks guys...keep em' coming!  Never tried heroin but I imagine it to be something like this!   :D