• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Grip frame problem

Started by Crosshairs, March 30, 2012, 01:35:25 PM

Crosshairs

I have a few three screw 1377/2240 grip frames i notice when i tighten the RS grip the trigger seems to get harder to pull this is because of the plastic side plate bending from the pressure from the grip to the frame these are not stock grips BTW anyone else have this problem. ???
                                     Mike  8)
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

breakfastchef

I have noticed this if my shims for the trigger and/or sear are too thick. Sometime
the casting is far from perfect so I will remove some metal to provide a better fit.
Larry

DJammer

I haven't noticed this, but I can see how it can happen. The plastic side-plates aren't rigid at all. The metal ones contributed to the strength of the grip frame and I think the plastic ones are there simply to hold parts in place..Not one of Crosmans better cost cutting ideas. Really how much do you think is saved per piece? .001 cent each? In the quantity they need, Let's say they build a million guns with that grip frame, that's a savings of $1000. I hope their margins aren"t so tight that that is a significant number. JMHO
A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone 
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

quickster47 †

Mike I've noticed something similar with different grips.  Just the cheapening of the parts by Crosman to save a few pennies and increase the bottom line.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †