• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Pellet Weight?

Started by Red Harris, March 31, 2012, 09:19:39 AM

Red Harris

When shooting my basically stock (no power mods) at 5 and 10 meter Target comps, what is the optimum pellet weight?......I see .177 cal pellets ranging from 4.0  gr,,,,all the way up to 15.8 gr.

There is a Bewildering array of pellets out there, in different sizes, shapes and materials, lol... :o

Crosshairs

I like to shoot a pellet between 7.3 - 8.2 gr at 10 meters but mostly use the 7.4 crosman hunting pellet pretty cheap and not bad with accuracy. Also the RWS hobby.
                                         Mike  8)
http://www.pyramydair.com/s/p/Crosman_Hunting_177_Cal_7_4_Grains_Pointed_1250ct/314
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

breakfastchef

I agree with Crosshairs that pellets in the 7-9 grain range are best for target shooting. Wadcutter diabolos will leave the cleanest holes, particularly in .177 caliber. My testing has shown that 'top-shelf' H&N, RWS and JSB pellets are more accurate than I.
Larry

Xgecko

Quote from: breakfastchef on March 31, 2012, 03:26:29 PM
My testing has shown that 'top-shelf' H&N, RWS and JSB pellets are more accurate than I.

I shot a match grade M-14 like that once....made going back to my duty rifle almost depressing
The earth without ART is just "eh"

mcc1961

I have had a lot of luck with the RWS pellets from WW you can get the Diabolo wadcutters for around $5.50 with site to store and that is for 500 high quality pellets that weigh 7 grain.
Airforce Condor .25
1377 modded with 24"barrel
Daisy 880