• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

International Ordering?

Started by berry1, March 31, 2012, 07:48:36 PM

NorthStaR

Yeah, it's breakfast now! Sorry.  :-[  ;)  but as you've already made contact with them it's all good.   :)
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

berry1

Quote from: NorthStaR on April 01, 2012, 12:18:36 PM
Yeah, it's breakfast now! Sorry.  :-[  ;)  but as you've already made contact with them it's all good.   :)

Good it should have been my breakfast but its sunday  ??? :P... If they are based in the uk then they will probably of got the mail today and it did say can be 24 hours before they reply  :-*.

UKStoo

Vincent at airgun exporter is most helpful. It will probably cost a little less including postage and import taxes, but there wont be much in it.

I have a link somewhere about import duty etc and there is a calculator thats pretty accurate, ill search for it and let you know.

Stu

UKStoo

Heres the info i had on the uk chinese airgun forum, hope its helpful.

I see a lot of posts about importing things from abroad (outside the eu) regarding import duty and v.a.t.

The info can be found here

http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPortalWebApp.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pageTravel_ShowContent&id=HMCE_CL_000014&propertyType=document

Basically from the USA, upto £15 you pay no customs duty and no v.a.t

From £15.01 to £135 you pay no customs but you do pay v.a.t

From £135.01+ you pay customs duty (unless its less than £9) and v.a.t

The prices above include postage costs.

The prices above must be converted from $ to £ using the exchange rate that can be found on the hmrc website.

A good calculator is http://www.dutycalculator.com/ it will pretty much do all the calculations for you, but requires postage and insurance to be seperate.

NorthStaR

The biggest fee is normally the ParcelForce handling fee. It's a monopoly! You've paid postage and then they cash in.
The tax is normally quite reasonable. Right or wrong fees are also paid according to what/how it is declared/insured.  ;)

Still always been worth it for me.  :) And some guns/parts you just don't see here.  8)  Buy more save more sometimes.
Double-tap!

Crosman: Western 45, Western Shiloh 1861, 766, *Mk1*, 2250b Crosmods, AS2250XT Quickshot Repeater, 2240 Bling Star,
                1322 Folding Camo Sniper, Bling EB22, 2250b Violin TDR, W-2250, Crosshairs Special 1377SD, 2550 Carbine & still counting...

In progress: BNM BSA 2260 Repeater, SS Subcompact Stubby 22xx, 2 x 600, and .... and ....

UKStoo

Quote from: NorthStaR on April 01, 2012, 08:17:46 PM
The biggest fee is normally the ParcelForce handling fee. It's a monopoly! You've paid postage and then they cash in.
The tax is normally quite reasonable. Right or wrong fees are also paid according to what/how it is declared/insured.  ;)

Still always been worth it for me.  :) And some guns/parts you just don't see here.  8)  Buy more save more sometimes.

parcel forces handling fee is tiny compared to UPS, I got stung £40 on $100 worth of stuff a few years ago!

NorthStaR

Quote from: UKStoo on April 01, 2012, 08:31:41 PM
parcel forces handling fee is tiny compared to UPS, I got stung £40 on $100 worth of stuff a few years ago!

Never been an issue for me or anyone I've sent to.  ??? Lucky I guess...
Double-tap!

berry1

Thanks for that UKstoo very handy link for calcalating duty...

Unfortunately i think Pyramyd would probably not be so happy to declair them as something else  :-\ lol.... Lets hope Airgun exporter does tho  :P... Got a quote of $51.90 shipping for the 2240 and $110.98 full cost...

if there aint any excess duty then i would go for that price  :-*.

NorthStaR

Quote from: berry1 on April 02, 2012, 01:20:34 AM
Thanks for that UKstoo very handy link for calcalating duty...

Unfortunately i think Pyramyd would probably not be so happy to declair them as something else  :-\ lol.... Lets hope Airgun exporter does tho  :P... Got a quote of $51.90 shipping for the 2240 and $110.98 full cost...

if there aint any excess duty then i would go for that price  :-*.

There's no issue importing the pistol unless it is over powered or is of a size against what the law describes. UK Members on here have
bought Marauder pistols (with included stock installed) through them with no problems. It is my understanding that AirgunExporter is aware
of UK laws and, if need be, will have them de-tuned to an acceptable level. It is worth checking with them on this but like I said this is what
other members have said in the past but I could be wrong.  ???

PA's air should be more expensive than AirgunExporter too regarding postage. PA just whacks in the highest most expensive quote they have.

X amount of the expense is also dependent on the type of mail service used. This may or may not always be an option though.
The declared insurance amount seems to be the figure they primarily focus on (if shown). If it's only worth 60 but insured for 100 then
it seems they think that is the value. Not always though. 

This is a hit'n'miss post. It could or could not happen. The only thing worth worrying about is; is it worth it? Generally; of course.

You could get something like 3.5 x 1377 pistols for the price of one over here. What you do with half a pistol is another matter.

I'd like to get a real 1322, they aren't over here at all that I've seen to date!  8)

ALL IMHO.
Double-tap!

storsy

As northstar says.
Airgunexporter aren't getting round the laws, they just make sure your order will comply with UK rules, state it has been tested and conforms (if need be) to UK laws, repackage and send on.
They aren't pulling a fast one or breaking the law, just making it possible to import items, without customs seizing them.
Long may they keep up this excellent service, i hope.
it is ok that we protect animals rights,
But much more important,
We protect our HUMAN rights.....

Scotland-UK