2240 what threads?

Started by Igotknobblies, April 01, 2012, 07:48:58 PM

Igotknobblies

Hi all. I'm thinking of turning a rear plug of brass, incorporating a power adjusting screw to push the rear of the hammer spring and maybe something else special. (Watch this thread for results) Can anyone confirm what the threads are? I know they are 32tpi and the OD is just over 0.16". My charts tell me its No 10 ANF. I will have to buy taps to suit but guess a 4mm metric will do instead. Guess what I did.......yes, like some before me, used the same screw after removing rear sight and jiggered the hammer spring. Who is our uk supplier for Crosman spares?
Cheers,
IGK

UKStoo

Quote from: Igotknobblies on April 01, 2012, 07:48:58 PM
Hi all. I'm thinking of turning a rear plug of brass, incorporating a power adjusting screw to push the rear of the hammer spring and maybe something else special. (Watch this thread for results) Can anyone confirm what the threads are? I know they are 32tpi and the OD is just over 0.16". My charts tell me its No 10 ANF. I will have to buy taps to suit but guess a 4mm metric will do instead. Guess what I did.......yes, like some before me, used the same screw after removing rear sight and jiggered the hammer spring. Who is our uk supplier for Crosman spares?
Cheers,
IGK

I've just modified a standard end plug and threaded it for a brass screw in preload adjuster, if you want to remove the hammer spring whilst the gun is assembled you'll need a fairly big hole and thread, i just went with a m6 thread as i dont intend on changing springs that often and i added an extra washer to the screws so they didnt contact the hammer spring, shortening them would be better but i couldn't be arsed!

EDIT: The power adjuster did absolutely nothing, if it did it was marginal and well inside the extreme spread that co2 gives anyway...

re with the m4, why not...had a lot of trouble getting hold of the oddball (US Spec) threads.

Remember youll need a spring guide fitted to compress the spring with the power adjuster.

GMAC is our best supplier for crosman spares but there is also SD Custom for some too.