• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

30 shots per co2

Started by Speakersrulemyworld, April 07, 2012, 03:43:45 AM

Speakersrulemyworld

i calculate my gun to shoot about 30 shots per co2 cartage.  isnt that a bit low?

JEBert

What is it?  And have you done any mods to it?
Mine is a 2300Kt with the original valve and I get between 30 and 40 shots per powerlet.  I am planning to add the valve spacer and the 2300t transfer port and possibly a .177 barrel to see how many shots I can get then.  The problem is IT SHOOTS TOO GOOD for me to want to take it apart just yet.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

breakfastchef

As JEBert hinted at, there are many variables that affect shot count (i.e. power, action type, temperature, caliber, etc.).

Most of my 22xx and similar pistols get between 30-40 decent shots.
Larry

T191032

On a cold day, 30 good shots? A tad.  CO2 is temperature dependant, thrives on warmer temps.  On a good warm day, I can tweak about 60 or so shots out of one easy, sometimes a bit more on the 22xx fitted with power adjusters.
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

Sir William

On my 2300S, I once got 110 and consistently get more than 60.  Is it broken?

Oldnshakey

Quote from: Speakersrulemyworld on April 07, 2012, 03:43:45 AM
i calculate my gun to shoot about 30 shots per co2 cartage.  isnt that a bit low?

That's about what I an getting in my 68 degree basement.  Of course it shoots a few more than that, but the POI is dropping after around 25.  No mods on mine yet.  I may have stretched the hammer spring a bit, but I also tried to compress it back.  Both 2400's and a stock 2240 all do about the same.  I thought the shot count was a bit low, too.  I haven't chronied them yet.  One of the 2400's is .177 with a 10.1 LW barrel, and the other is 22 cal with the 18" barrel.  Both 2400's are great shooters
Tom..........Two 2400kt's, 2240, Cr MKI, 1377, S&W 686 co2, Beeman P17 .

More pistols than I need but not as many as I want.

Crosshairs

Yep 30 to 40 shots sounds about right.
                       Mike  8)
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

UKStoo

i had 60+ @ 5.5ft.lb with a lightened hammer spring, same length, thinner wire gauge with no other modifications on a 2240

balacau

If this 30-shot per co2 is based on using the same kind of capsule as what the standard version of the RatCatcher uses, then as far as I was told from my licensed dealer; this is about standard.

Ironically its probably the same reason why I should have bought a standard RatCatcher rather than the "King" version!

The comments concerning different temperatures however are very interesting.  Will this also affect the shot capacity of the larger 88gr Co2 bottles?

Best regards

Gavin
Understanding is a 3-edged sword.  Your side, their side and the truth.

PLauGE

Got a Q that kinda ties in with this thread, I have a standard ratty, never tinkered with the power side of things as its powerful enough for what I use it for

I've now ordered a longer barrel 18'', using this will I get less shots per capsule? I assumed I'd get around the same as with the 14'' barrel, but tbh I have no idea  ???

UKStoo

Quote from: PLauGE on April 08, 2012, 11:21:49 PM
Got a Q that kinda ties in with this thread, I have a standard ratty, never tinkered with the power side of things as its powerful enough for what I use it for

I've now ordered a longer barrel 18'', using this will I get less shots per capsule? I assumed I'd get around the same as with the 14'' barrel, but tbh I have no idea  ???

Youll get an increase in velocity, You may get a few more similar velocity shots as the extra barrel length will allow the co2 longer to expand improving efficiency. Youll notice less co2 misting at the muzzle.

PLauGE

Cheers Stu, I'll be needing a new muzzle brake for it shortly as the barrel is threaded so I'll be in touch  :)

Plekto

Also, due to the size of the barrel and internal parts, a .22 will use a little more air per shot.   The 40-50 shot averages are usually for the .177 models that are in stock condition.

eric

Quote from: Sir William on April 08, 2012, 02:26:08 AM
On my 2300S, I once got 110 and consistently get more than 60.  Is it broken?
no it's not broken . they are set up so you run one powerette per match --- they have a valve reduction device (a small tube) which decreases the valves volume so less co2 is used per shot yielding a higher shot count.that means less fps/fpe(velocity)
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses