• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Started by bigstancwsw, April 12, 2012, 07:52:15 PM

bigstancwsw

Before i start please forgive me gushing on about my new pistol. :) Its the first Crosman i have owned. So picked it up this afternoon and so far i have used 2 bulbs in it. What i should have done is keep a count of the number of pellets each bulb will give me, but you know how it is when you start getting into the groove. So far very impressed for the money. Only problem is, its a tad noisy. Before i had even finnished the first bulb off, every kid within earshot wanted a go. Now at the tender age of 55 i still dont like to share my toys with anyone, least of all a bunch of young kids. :-X So far then i am happy with it. Trigger needs some work and i really should chrono it but that can wait till i have run it in. 5000 pellets should do it. Thats all for now coz the sun is still out and i am using valuable shooting light. Cheers for now. Stan.
Launceston Cornwall UK.
AA S410 .177,  AA S400 .22, AA S400 Classic .177,   Original Mod 45 .22 1980,  HW97K B&C tuned .22,  Webley Eclipse .22,  ASI Paratrooper .177,  BSA Meteor .177,  HW40 pistol .177,  Barretta 92FS CO2 pistol .177,  Crosman 2240 pistol .22,  Crosman 1077 rifle .177,  Crosman 1377 .177.

1377x

congrats!
a muzzle device will help with the noise!
closed mouths dont get fed

farrlarr

Quote from: bigstancwsw on April 12, 2012, 07:52:15 PM
Only problem is, its a tad noisy. Before i had even finnished the first bulb off, every kid within earshot wanted a go.

It isn't necessarily the kids in earshot that might cause problems but the LEOs.  Check your local regulations; there are many towns/cities/etc that have instituted rules against shooting anything that emits a projectile within the town/city limits and yours may be one.  If so, you are in danger of a visit by the police, with all the attendant possibilities of problems.  The noisier the gun, the sooner the police are likely to visit if any sort of shooting is against local regulations.
Larry in Idaho

"A man's got to know his limitations."

sandpiper

Love a good new pistol story  :-*

Gary T

Mine is on it's way! keep us posted on your results and enjoy.

Gary
Proud owner of a BSA Lonestar .25 and a NEF 22 Mag
Soon to have a 2240 custom job
wants: Disco

bigstancwsw

Luckily we have no restrictions here about using air guns in our own propery, provided the pellet does not leave the property. My back stop is almost silent and designed for FAC air rifles, so is more than up to catching pistol pellets. I do have a discharge reducing device but i need a converter for the end of the barrel. I am just trying to work out how to fit my gun light so i can carry on shooting. No i better give it a rest i only have 45 CO2 bulbs left. Will let you guys no how i get on when i put it over the chrono. Going to look at a second hand Crosman air rifle tomorrow, but if i buy that the steel breech and stainles bolt will have to wait. Cheers. Stan.
Launceston Cornwall UK.
AA S410 .177,  AA S400 .22, AA S400 Classic .177,   Original Mod 45 .22 1980,  HW97K B&C tuned .22,  Webley Eclipse .22,  ASI Paratrooper .177,  BSA Meteor .177,  HW40 pistol .177,  Barretta 92FS CO2 pistol .177,  Crosman 2240 pistol .22,  Crosman 1077 rifle .177,  Crosman 1377 .177.

Oldnshakey

Quote from: bigstancwsw on April 12, 2012, 07:52:15 PM
Before i start please forgive me gushing on about my new pistol. :) Its the first Crosman i have owned. So picked it up this afternoon and so far i have used 2 bulbs in it. What i should have done is keep a count of the number of pellets each bulb will give me, but you know how it is when you start getting into the groove. So far very impressed for the money. Only problem is, its a tad noisy. Before i had even finnished the first bulb off, every kid within earshot wanted a go. Now at the tender age of 55 i still dont like to share my toys with anyone, least of all a bunch of young kids. :-X So far then i am happy with it. Trigger needs some work and i really should chrono it but that can wait till i have run it in. 5000 pellets should do it. Thats all for now coz the sun is still out and i am using valuable shooting light. Cheers for now. Stan.

Congrats on the new pistol. :-*  They are for sure well worth the money.  Polish up those trigger parts, and you will be amazed at the difference.
Tom..........Two 2400kt's, 2240, Cr MKI, 1377, S&W 686 co2, Beeman P17 .

More pistols than I need but not as many as I want.

farrlarr

Glad to hear that you have no restriction on shooting on your own property.  I might have realized that would be the case if I had actually looked at your signature section; anyone with that group of airguns almost certainly would be well-informed about local regulations.  Just goes to show that one should think carefully about what one is posting before actually posting!   :-[
Larry in Idaho

"A man's got to know his limitations."

Crosshairs

Come on give the kids a go then there parents wont complain about the noise. I have a young man i let shoot with me its nice to have someone to talk to when no one else is around.
                         Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!