• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

laser beam!

Started by seagullplayer, April 15, 2012, 01:12:49 AM

seagullplayer

Just mounted a BSA Varmint Hunter system on my 1377.

It is a laser sight and light setup that mounts to my 1" scope.
So I get to keep the scope on and have a laser option and a flashlight at night.

This should really help when "they" make a run on the chicken house at 2am!

http://www.airgundepot.com/bsa-llcp-varmintlaserset.html

Crosman 1377 scope, laser, tactical light
Crosman 1322
Crosman 600
Crosman storm XL
Benjamin  titan 22
Daisy 15XT
Beeman P17
Crosman Trail NP Pistol
WRS 350 .177

Martin, Harley, Goldwing and Cub Cadet, ya I'm like that...

Crosshairs

Please let us no how you like it looks cool.
                       Mike  8)
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

quickster47 †

That looks like a great combination unit. We await your full field report.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Alrauder

Nice,, however I always like to have the laser ontop of the scope, dead vertical if you use it for a sighting device because pellets tend to drop, not shift sideways. Let me explain...

You sight in at 30 yds - zero. Your scope and the laser are zeroed at this point. That means, because your laser is on the left side of your scope,, that any point of impact under 30 yds will appear to be to the right of the laser point,, and anything over 30 yds will apear to be on the left of the laser point. The further from the zero in either direction, the further that gap will grow... Now you have two directions to worry about - left to right and up and down... If the laser is above the scope, you only have to worry about the normal pellet drop to compensate for - Up and Down...!!!

Of course, that's under "normal" conditons and assuming the laser is there for sighting purposes...!!!

Still looks nice though... I have a similar setup on my P-rod, with the laser above...

cheewee

x2 what alrauder said.
other than that i love it. been wanting to mount a light on my 2240 because i know how hard it is to juggle gun and light while trying to reload.
darn rats in the chicken house.
jeff

people take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness.
just because they are not on your road doesnt mean there lost.

breakfastchef

Quote from: seagullplayer on April 15, 2012, 01:12:49 AM
Just mounted a BSA Varmint Hunter system on my 1377

Pictures or it never happened. Let us know how accurately you can shoot with the laser alone.
Larry

seagullplayer

Couple of pics of the latest setup. 

I had to move my scope as far forward as it would go (in its mounts) to make room for the laser/light mount.
There was no way to get enough room to place the laser and light toward the front of the scope, it had to go to the back.

I like the laser sight on the side for two reasons, I can still get to my regular scope adjustments without removing the laser and light mount.  And I can reach the on/off button with my thumb.  I decided not to use the remote switches that came with it.

The laser was pretty easy to sight in, and works pretty good.  The scope will be my first choice, but in low light conditions the laser works great!  I used it "free hand" from the hip on a couple of cans and it worked great at 15 or 20 yards.  Not sure I would varmint hunt any further than that anyway.

The light will be very handy at night around the "farm".  :-*

Now I really need to work on a way to sling this thing!   ???

Crosman 1322
Crosman 600
Crosman storm XL
Benjamin  titan 22
Daisy 15XT
Beeman P17
Crosman Trail NP Pistol
WRS 350 .177

woody67

I agree...
The only time I'd do a side mount with a laser would be if I had the laser positioned at the same height as the barrel.

Otherwise, you'll have better accuracy at varying distances with it mounted on top.

Alrauder

Oh well, I'll throw in a couple of pics too...

Quality is not the best as these were taken a few moments ago and it's night time here...

The numbers on the moderator are - well I'll explain... The moderator was getting the paintwork chipped and scratched quite a bit so I heat shrinked some 40mm tubing over it, only I didn't work out just where the description would end up so you got the part number and all. Aren't you lucky...!!!

The torch on the side is some Made in Ch*** brand name but it's extremely bright - extremely...!!!

seagullplayer

Nice looking setup!

I must say that the light that came with mine is rather disappointing.  There are some really bright LED lights out these days, but the one that came with my site is not one of them.

I have my eye out looking for a replacement that would fit the mount and take traditional batteries.  This thing came with some oddball camera type battery.

The mount itself is really nice and sturdy, too bad they couldn't have upgraded the flashlight just a bit...
Crosman 1322
Crosman 600
Crosman storm XL
Benjamin  titan 22
Daisy 15XT
Beeman P17
Crosman Trail NP Pistol
WRS 350 .177

seagullplayer

Tactical in action!

Dog woke me up at 2:30 am this morning. (house dog)
I heard a noise out by the rabbit cages, near the chicken house!

So I take the 1377 and had a look around, can't find anything wrong.  Seems on of the doe rabbits
was flirting with the buck and they where thumping the bottom of their cages...

Anyway while I am up, I set up a couple of cans and test the laser site in the middle of the night.  It was sure fun, there was not enough light for a scope or even open sights.  But the laser was super bright.  I took a few shots at about 20 yards, like shooting fish in a barrel.  Then went back to bed, I get up at 3:30 for work.

I think everyone needs a laser site just for the joy of shooting at 3 am!
Crosman 1322
Crosman 600
Crosman storm XL
Benjamin  titan 22
Daisy 15XT
Beeman P17
Crosman Trail NP Pistol
WRS 350 .177

chinaboy

Alrauder, What brand is your laser and light?

Alrauder

Quote from: chinaboy on April 18, 2012, 11:25:57 PM
Alrauder, What brand is your laser and light?
chinaboy,,
The laser,, I can't see any brand name on it.. I've had it the longest of many laser I've had and it's the most reliable one of them all. It's been on approx 6 or 7 different air rifles and stood up to them all. I think it's just one of those generic Chinese brands... I've seen many of them under diferent names...

The torch,, I'm positive it's this one...
"http://www.savebarn.co.nz/index.php?route=product/product&keyword=torch&category_id=0&description=1&model=1&product_id=1364"........ (this link may change any old time)
as I am sure I bought it there.. I can't quite see the full name as the mount ring covers the first few letters but the last two letters are "RE" and it has in smaller print beside it - "DAZZLE FIRE" and below that "3W-CCC Ha111-07001".. It takes one Lithium Ion 3.7volt battery 18650 (that's 18mm wide x 65mm long) which is rated at 2000ma although you can use any ah output as long as it's 3.6,, 3.7volts. It's typical of a laptop battery...

Not sure where it's made but I am sure on the pack it says Made in China but there are many of these Chinese torches that seem to work very well here, especialy some of the later LED ones... This one of mine is also 1 inch diameter,, that's why I chose it so it could be mounted in normal scope rings,, that plus the fact that when I turned it on at the shop and pointed at myself, it nearly blinded me - hahahahaha...!!!

Remember the quoted price on the above link is in NZ dollars. For US equivalent, halve it...