• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Sighting a scope with different pellets question?

Started by chinaboy, April 20, 2012, 10:48:40 PM

chinaboy

When you guys sight your scope in, I assume you would need to re-sight it with every different type of pellet, right?  Or do you sight it in and then see which pellet makes the best groups and then stick with that one.   Or a combination of both?   And so if you were to hunt with your airgun you would sight it for your hunting pellet last before using the gun for hunting.  Am I thinking correctly?   

JEBert

Chinaboy,
I think you are thinking correctly.  I used to do a bit of reloading with powder burners but haven't done much in the last year or so.  I re-sight in any gun or rifle when changing anything, different type or brand or weight of projectile, different powder, different amount of powder, different primer; any changes = re-sight the scope or adjust the sights.
It carried over to my air guns.  When I change pellets, I re-sight them.  When I go for targets with a multi-pump, I try every amount of pumping and see which number of pumps gives me the best grouping with each pellet I want to use.  That is the pellet I use in that barrel with that number of pumps and I adjust the sights/scope for that pellet/# of pumps.
It works for me, YMMV.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

Crosshairs

I find the pellet that makes the smallest group then adjust the scope to hit the center of the target .
                                              Mike  8)
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

mr007s

Quiet often you will have several pellets that have the same, or close to the same POI at a given yardage. That is one of the things I search for. No need to re-sight with those.