• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Scope recs for nearsighted 1377C? Shooting short distances.

Started by 35remington, April 24, 2012, 09:44:19 PM

RC1947

I too prefer red dots.  I haven't found an inexpensive scope that has enough eye relief. RC

breakfastchef

Quote from: RC1947 on April 25, 2012, 03:42:28 PM
I too prefer red dots.  I haven't found an inexpensive scope that has enough eye relief. RC

NCStar Pistolero series scopes have huge eye relief - 10"+.
Larry

35remington

Thanks for the thoughts, everyone.  I think I have decided to go with a scope, as cool as the red dot sounds.  I was reminded that my purpose for this gun was to be something I could take into the woods and survive with.  That's why I chose a pumper over CO2 in the first place.

So, back to scopes.  I don't really understand eye relief, but will look it up.  Also parallax is apparently an issue at close range for many scopes?

arkmaker †

Google both Scope Eye Relief and Scope Parallax and you will get an education beyond imagination from the short "for dummies" version to the scientific long version. Personally, I went for the dummies version  ;D
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

35remington

After some more thought, no steel breech for me. I bought the Crosman 459MT 2-Pc Intermount for $9 online, and will start with the cheapie 4x15 scope I already have.

This gun is already way more expensive than I planned, and not that impressive. I'm going to save my money for a Discovery next.