• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Scope recs for nearsighted 1377C? Shooting short distances.

Started by 35remington, April 24, 2012, 09:44:19 PM

35remington

My backyard shots won't go past 20 yards.  I'm guessing 90% will be at 15 yards.  Would a Barska 3-7x20 do the job?  My budget is $35.  http://www.opticsplanet.net/barska-rimfire-rifle-scopes-3-7x20-w-rings.html

breakfastchef

For a pistol, I prefer a red dot at those distances. There are few in your price range.

If you go with a scope, make sure is has an adjustable objective (AO). This will make it very versatile if you plan to shoot at different distances in the future. If AO cannot be had for your budget, look for a scope with no more that a parallax setting of 35 yards (which is pretty close to your 20 yard request). Parallax can drive you crazy.
Larry

arkmaker †

I have the Barska 3x7x20 and like it, but it is a little fuzzy at close range. I think I can crank it up to a max of 5x at 10 yards. Any more power needs much more distance. All in all a good rifle scope, but I would not recommend it for a pistol.
Rich

I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

bradpsu

Have to agree with Breakfastchef...especially at the distances you mention.  Red dot would be the way to go..IMHO.  You will be able to find one or two in your price range. 

Xgecko

The earth without ART is just "eh"

35remington

I forgot to mention that this gun has been turned into a carbine.  The red dot sounds fine, however.  Xgecko, what's that one on your gun?

breakfastchef

Quote from: 35remington on April 25, 2012, 02:20:47 AM
I forgot to mention that this gun has been turned into a carbine.  The red dot sounds fine, however.  Xgecko, what's that one on your gun?

Are you going to be installing a steel/aluminum breech?

Larry

bradpsu

The scope on my gun here is a UTG red / green dot.  It's a very accurate and I must agree with Xgecko, they are great for "weakened eyes".   ;D  Now mine ran mid $50's delivered but you don't need to spend what I did to get a nice one. 

Xgecko

Mine Isa a BSA/Aftermath RD30.....-$30 at Pyramyd air

Nightsniper52

I know this may be a little more than you wanted to spend but try Bushnell Trophy Red Dot w/4 Reticle(it has a 3 Mil Dot)   Thats what I'm putting on my 1322 Carbine Build...... Jeff   ;D

35remington

breakfastchef

Quote from: 35remington on April 25, 2012, 02:44:58 PM
I guess I need to, huh? :)

The steel breech stabilizes the barrel and provides a platform for so many sight/accessory opportunities. With readily available adapters, you can use dovetail or weaver mounts. I like scopes for carbines and red dots on pistols.
Larry

35remington

Thanks for that info.  I don't want to take this scope thread too far off-track, so I do some research into breeches and send you a PM if that's alright.

Xgecko

Quote from: 35remington on April 25, 2012, 02:44:58 PM
I guess I need to, huh? :)

It's easy enough to do and sooo worth it, especially with a long barrel like that

BassManNate

Quote from: Xgecko on April 25, 2012, 02:59:53 PM
It's easy enough to do and sooo worth it, especially with a long barrel like that

Agreed. A real breech will not only give you a nice, solid mounting point for your sighting device, but it will also make your barrel SO much more stable. Like, it won't move at all once you've put the breech on there.