• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Crosman CCS barrels.

Started by asset smith, April 27, 2012, 05:39:54 PM

asset smith

as i stated in another thread, when i called crosman yesterday to order some custom shop parts they would'nt let me but a CCS barrel even though i told her it was for my 2400kt.  :(  she asked how my barrel got messed up already and i told her it was to be a spare, she said " we save them for folks who need them for repair." so honesty screwed me. i understand they are in short supply, and it is awesome they hold them for guys who REALLY need them. so instead i ordered a 24" barrel for a 2260. no biggie i can chop and recrown it no sweat. anyway i thought you guys might want to know if you really want a CCS barrel, when they ask, tell them its for a repair  :-*
"The dirty dozen for the price of one."

breakfastchef

Funny that I never have problems ordering from Crosman. Even parts that are for CCS guns only. I just sound like I know what I am doing and they are always helpful. Never tired to pry a LW barrel out of them, though.
Larry

cmj21973

Quote from: breakfastchef on April 27, 2012, 06:22:14 PM
Funny that I never have problems ordering from Crosman. Even parts that are for CCS guns only. I just sound like I know what I am doing and they are always helpful. Never tired to pry a LW barrel out of them, though.

If he was trying to order an 18" barrel then it's not an LW barrel. http://www.crosman.com/custom-shop.
Big difference in price.

asset smith

i'm still a little green at ordering parts from crosman but i did'nt think they would care what i was doing with it. and i could see if i was trying to get the LW barrel and did'nt buy my 2400 that way but it was the 18".  ???  go figure?  ???
"The dirty dozen for the price of one."

Red Harris

I ordered a Custom Shop 2300KT, but I did not fork over the extra $$ for the aluminum Muzzle Brake (my mistake).
So I called to order one. They told me that they do not normally sell Custom Shop Parts,,,,but since I own a Custom Shop gun and I am "In the computer," they would be willing to sell me a part or two........ ;)

I think it Just Depends on who you talk to on any particular day and what Mood they are in at the time.......

cmj21973

Quote from: Red Harris on April 28, 2012, 05:06:05 AM
I ordered a Custom Shop 2300KT, but I did not fork over the extra $$ for the aluminum Muzzle Brake (my mistake).
So I called to order one. They told me that they do not normally sell Custom Shop Parts,,,,but since I own a Custom Shop gun and I am "In the computer," they would be willing to sell me a part or two........ ;)

I think it Just Depends on who you talk to on any particular day and what Mood they are in at the time.......

Correct on both point.

If you ordered a CCS airgun, your in their system and can order CCS parts.
Knowing the part numbers and what you want goes a long way with the Parts Deptment personal.
Crosman is open M-F from 8:00am to 4:30pm EST. Best times to call them in my opinion, 9am and 1pm.