A little help in part numbers needed, please...

Started by Alrauder, May 02, 2012, 12:08:03 AM

Alrauder

Guys/gals...

I want to change the transfer port in my P-rod to a .111 one. Apparently there are a couple of gaskets or seals on the port that need to be replaced also... I need the number/numbers of these gaskets. Is there anybody here who can oblige me and give those numbers. I am in New Zealand and may have to go the long route in getting any parts by approaching the local airgun shop and asking/begging him to get them in for me, unless you guys can point me in a direction to get around this... I have lined up a port and got a email stating that the port can be sent no problems but I can't find any parts for the P-rod...

The actual port swapping over looks easy enough so I'll do that in no time, I hope, but I'd hate to ruin a gasket and have no replacement and render the gun unshootable...

Are these gaskets the same as any other Crosman airguns.? This might help also...

Thanks...

JEBert

I just looked up the part numbers for transfer port gaskets.  The Disco part is the same as the 2240 and the 1377.
I don't know which transfer port would be .111 though.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

Alrauder

Quote from: JEBert on May 02, 2012, 01:30:41 AMThe Disco part is the same as the 2240 and the 1377.I don't know which transfer port would be .111 though. Cheers,

Cheers, but are you talking about a Disco? I am referring tothe P-rod (Marauder Pistol)..!! Well, unless they are all the same thing...

I am going to get the .111 port from marmotmilitia.com...

1377x

closed mouths dont get fed

JEBert

Sorry about that.  I must have misread your post.
I went back and looked and I don't see an EPV for the P-rod so I can't say whether the gasket is the same part number as the rest.
However, as long as you take the transfer port out (usually it falls out) and remove the gasket before you try to take the valve out, it shouldn't be harmed.  Not like an engine gasket that gets pulled apart during dissassembly.
If you find out that it is the same (anyone jump right in here) as the other guns, I do have an extra one.  If you need it I can stick it in the mail to you.
My apologies,
Jerry
NRA Life Member

JEBert

Yep, and that transfer port seal has the same part number as the rest of them.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member

Alrauder

Cheers cmj,
thanks for the sheet (pdf)... Very informative and that's a "must have, must keep" document...

and JEBert for telling me what I thought could be the case - that they all have the same parts.

Thank you both,, thank you all...

Alrauder

Well I just phoned the local airgun shop and even though he said he's never pulled a P-rod to bits before, he says he's got heaps of other Crosman gas parts - ports, seals, etc but he had customers at the counter and even though he was frantically digging around, he couldn't locate the exact seal/gasket. He did tell me though that he knew just which part I wanted and that he's made a few of them by cutting them out of a piece of rubber type hose of the correct diameter, and stated that they shouldn't leak because they butt up against other parts that should seal them...

I wasn't too sure about attempting that by myself as I have not even seen the innards yet so I said I might come over in the next day or two so I can see just what he's got. Sounds like he has the actual ports of a few other Crosman pistols as he said there are model numbers stamped on the sides of them - like the 2260/1760 one that he had in his hands right then...

Not a hundred percent sure about making my own though... I hope he has something over there. I see these seals are quite universal right throughout the Crosman lineup. If I knew the exact size I'd even go buy some o'rings. Guess it's going to be a learning curve...

cmj21973

Quote from: Alrauder on May 03, 2012, 01:33:13 AM

Not a hundred percent sure about making my own though... I hope he has something over there. I see these seals are quite universal right throughout the Crosman lineup. If I knew the exact size I'd even go buy some o'rings. Guess it's going to be a learning curve...

Last resort:
I've made some out of neoprene washer from hardware store, not easy but doable.

Second best option:
O-rings from hardware store. The o-ring you want are: .260 x .165 x .085 metric equivalent 6mm x 4mm x 2mm

The best option:
Surgical tubing either online or scuba shop. Surgical A Latex Tubing 3/16" ID x 1/16" W which is similar to the tubing reffered by Brutuz.
http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php?topic=721.0

Alrauder

Now that's what I call a good reply...

I'm going to look right into it...