• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Breech Screw Replacement

Started by Nightsniper52, May 13, 2012, 07:17:46 AM

Nightsniper52

Well I got the .050 Allen Wrench and it had a rounded end,not a square one.
So I used the Dremal to square it up,and carefull not to get it hot.  It seemed just a little loose,but this is the size to use I was told.   Tapped on the wrench a couple of times.    And Im not going to go into details but Where do I get SS Replacement Screws???  I have looked for almost 2 hours in the Search Function and the only one I found was AC and the link doesn't work.  I just new this was going to happen!!

tinker

Someone on the forum had some screws available.  I don't remember whom it was.  Hopefully they will speak up.  Or you can message me with your address and I'll send a couple.  I have a few extra philips head ones.  You may have to grind the head small to fit properly.

Glen
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

Sir William

1377x

you could try these the head might need to be turned down and lenght shortened
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FN214U/ref=biss_dp_t_asn
closed mouths dont get fed

Oldnshakey

Quote from: Nightsniper52 on May 13, 2012, 07:17:46 AM
Well I got the .050 Allen Wrench and it had a rounded end,not a square one.
So I used the Dremal to square it up,and carefull not to get it hot.  It seemed just a little loose,but this is the size to use I was told.   Tapped on the wrench a couple of times.    And Im not going to go into details but Where do I get SS Replacement Screws???  I have looked for almost 2 hours in the Search Function and the only one I found was AC and the link doesn't work.  I just new this was going to happen!!

McMaster-Carr part# 91792A741 pkg of 50 for $8.02.  You will have to put the screw in a drill and turn the head down just a little to make it fit the  countersink in the breech.  These are slotted screws.  The length is fine as is, they are 1/4" long and 4-48 thread.
Tom..........Two 2400kt's, 2240, Cr MKI, 1377, S&W 686 co2, Beeman P17 .

More pistols than I need but not as many as I want.

Nightsniper52

Thanks!!  Do you have a Link??   :)

Nightsniper52

Quote from: Sir William on May 13, 2012, 02:14:54 PM
You get 'em from Crosman.
Im trying to get away from those little allen screws

Oldnshakey

Quote from: Nightsniper52 on May 14, 2012, 05:17:13 AM
Thanks!!  Do you have a Link??   :)

http://www.mcmaster.com/#machine-screw-fasteners/=hiw5fq

Pan head Slotted machine screws (be sure to choose the 4-48 option)
Tom..........Two 2400kt's, 2240, Cr MKI, 1377, S&W 686 co2, Beeman P17 .

More pistols than I need but not as many as I want.

Nightsniper52

Noah

Quote from: tinker on May 13, 2012, 12:40:04 PM
Someone on the forum had some screws available.  I don't remember whom it was.  Hopefully they will speak up.  Or you can message me with your address and I'll send a couple.  I have a few extra philips head ones.  You may have to grind the head small to fit properly.

Glen

Whoa! Please hold a couple for me still!  :-*
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

tinker

Noah, yours are in a bag waiting!

Glen

Sorry for jacking the thread :)
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

Nightsniper52

I just ordered a few when I ordered a trigger Shoe... :-*