• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

Breech

Started by mcc1961, May 30, 2012, 12:55:59 AM

BDS

Quote from: mustangmike on June 01, 2012, 12:02:53 PM
disco tubes are drilled for the breech screw under the bolt

if you get a custom shop crosman or i guess maybe a crosman long steel breech the breech will fit a disco airtube with the breech screw under the bolt.

don cothran sells stainless steel 2260 pcp tubes, machined with everything drilled and tapped. add disco valve, disco guage block and guage, disco fill adapter, disco hammer spring, disco hammer ? maybe i think their the same size as a disco. then use ur 2240 trigger group, longer barrel, and ccs breech or long steel breech

all in all the conversion using disco internals a cut down crosman disco tube is $80 - $110 using crosman parts for the most part, if you use a cothran stainless steel 2260 tube that tube alone runs 60 to 80 bucks cant narrow that down because i havent looked it up in awhile. but those tubes are burst rated for 11,000 psi, so you pin the disco valve with the larger valve pin screws, hog out the gauge block and do some good tuning and you could fill to 3,000 psi and make a carbine that puts the prod to shame on everything cept for being a single shot vs repeater but now with sergio over at bnm airguns you can get a multi shot breech setup.. but you get disco power levels with a greater shot count then a unsafe gadget

Mike, does that mean that the hammer in my 2300KT from the CCS is shaped or relieved to pass the breech screw?  ???
Brian

mustangmike

mine was, it appeared my 2400kt hammer was a disco hammer. it had the lip cut for the breech screw and the groove cut around it like a disco hammer
.22 disco, leapers 3-12x40 IR AO
.22 ccs 2400, leapers 4x32 (awaiting barrel swap & 7.5tko)
.22 gamo bigcat, rds
.177 walther 99q, low profile laser sight

BDS

Quote from: mustangmike on June 02, 2012, 02:47:17 AM
mine was, it appeared my 2400kt hammer was a disco hammer. it had the lip cut for the breech screw and the groove cut around it like a disco hammer

I love this hobby  :-\

The more I post, the more I learn  :-*
Brian