• Welcome to Crosman Air Pistol Owners Forum.

keep an eye on the custom shop

Started by Cowray, June 08, 2012, 10:57:15 PM

Cowray

I just heard from Crosman, they were talking about my son's gun in a meeting. They told me to watch for new offerings in the custom shop in the coming months. I've asked for the p-rod trigger, the1701p muzzle and front sight, and the 2300s bolt. We'll see what we get. :-*

BDS

Yup, and Chip at Crosman commented on their Facebook page that a 1377/1322 Custom Shop addition was coming too. Let's hope that they offer grips and pump handles that work and look good too!  :-*
Brian

Squallywally

OK! lets make it where you can order individual parts as well, especially for us folks who live in states that crosman doesn't ship guns to because of confusing restrictions!
ie. I live in illinois and cannot order a complete  gun from the website, or custom shop.

Plekto

All I want is the match barrel in .22.  I'll gladly pay $50 for it instead of having to pay $100 plus labor to have a local gunsmith cut a 24 inch blank down (wasteful, mostly)  Of course, I'd pay $100 no questions asked for a 12 or 14 inch .25 cal match barrel for the 2200/2300 series pistol.

A 2540 carbine with a double 12 gram fill tube is my dream rig.  (well, short of a hi-pac of the same)

Nightsniper52

Bring back the 1389 forarm in the custom shop for this 1322.   :-*

Shoot, just bring it back as Parts!!!

Squallywally

Quote from: Nightsniper52 on June 09, 2012, 06:59:04 AM
Bring back the 1389 forarm in the custom shop for this 1322.   :-*

Shoot, just bring it back as Parts!!!

Better yet, put it on the gun :-*

BDS

Brian

728b

Quote from: Plekto on June 09, 2012, 06:25:34 AM
All I want is the match barrel in .22. 

I'll second that. I confuses me why they would offer the .177 in the LW but not the 22.  Also please offer it in a longer option.

Darryl the lesser

Xgecko

The earth without ART is just "eh"

SaiCo

Warning labels thwart the purpose of Natural Selection

BDS

Quote from: 728b on June 11, 2012, 04:54:58 PM
I'll second that. I confuses me why they would offer the .177 in the LW but not the 22.  Also please offer it in a longer option.

The .177 caliber is always in demand and and is (was) based on LW's .177 target match barrels. The .22 pellet gun has never been part of the 10 meter/olympic scene, therefore, fewer (or none) of the .22 available.

Try Tim at Mac 1 Airguns for a match grade .22, he may have some or have an idea where to get.  :-*
Brian

728b

Quote from: BDS on June 11, 2012, 08:13:22 PM
The .177 caliber is always in demand and and is (was) based on LW's .177 target match barrels. The .22 pellet gun has never been part of the 10 meter/olympic scene, therefore, fewer (or none) of the .22 available.

Try Tim at Mac 1 Airguns for a match grade .22, he may have some or have an idea where to get.  :-*

Well that makes sense. I was thinking only of accuracy and the desire most shooters have for it regardless of caliber. I still wish they would had a LW in .22.  :(
Darryl the lesser

Plekto

I understand that the .177 is always in demand, but come on - it's a *custom shop*.   The normal match barrel is $31.33 more, and I did say that I'd pay $50 more, no questions asked.  12 or 13 inches is the optimal length for a pistol (it doesn't have to conform to Olympic rules) , and maybe an 18" option for the carbine for $60. 

People will pay the extra money for a match grade barrel, since .22 is becoming extremely common in the last few years.  H&N also makes match grade .22 ammo now, due to the popularity of field target competitions.   

Offer a match barrel in .22  or a .25 barrel (match not required for now - basically a cut-down Marauder barrel) and I'd order one tomorrow.

Cowray

Are the .22 barrels in the custom shop really that bad? I only have .177 stuff from the custom shop,  but my brother has two 2300's and a 2400 in .22 and they seem to be very accurate.

BTW, In my latest correspondence with Crosman I was bugging them about not making an Olympic style pistol for 10 meter competition. They said anyone interested in this type of gun should email them, they would like to hear from us. So, if this is you, start emailing.

Plekto

The only major difference between a customized 2240 and a Mac 1 LD-1 is really the match barrel on it.   It's the difference between 3-5 inches at 50 yards and an just under an inch at 50 yards.   For 10-20 yards, the stock 2240 barrel is acceptably accurate.  But most of us would love to have the option of a match-grade barrel to begin with, as it would greatly increase the effectiveness of our other modifications.

note - my stock 2240 barrel does about 1/3 - 1/2 inch at 10 yards, which is acceptable, but not in the same class as a typical high quality rifle.  My old FWB 124 (.177) I had years ago would make one ragged hole at 10 yards by comparison.  Given the lack of power on these CO2 guns, accuracy is everything.